Reply by martin.shoebridge September 28, 20062006-09-28
You can buy these commercially from �10 or so, ready to go + free software.
typical cards are FUN4, Titanium2 etc.

"Joe G (Home)" <joe.g@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi All, > > I would like to develop a simple contact smartcard reader to ISO7816... > with a little bit of security... using the Philips TDA8009 IC and a micro. > > What cards would you recommend and where would you get them from in small > volume. > > What protocols/standards would you suggest with a little bit of security. > > Thanks in advance for your suggestions amd info. > > > Regards > JG > >
Reply by Rafael Deliano September 28, 20062006-09-28
Are you sure you need that IC ? http://www.embeddedforth.de/temp/chipkarte-hw.pdf Sorry text is in German, but circuit should be obvious. The official protocol for "smartcards" with processors nominally requires a UART. But as transfer is halfduplex its easy to do it via a software-UART. You probably will not use that type of card anyway. With simpler/cheaper cards like SLE44xx its bitbanging.
> with a little bit of security...
That probably excludes repackaged I2C-EEPROMs. Do you want to store data or only have a "key" ? For reading unprotected, but writing protected by PIN: here in Germany mainly SLE4442 ( 256 byte ) and SLE4428 ( 1k byte ) are readily available for small volume applications. Try google & ebay for sellers. MfG JRD
Reply by Joe G (Home) September 27, 20062006-09-27