Reply by dunkin September 28, 20062006-09-28
All the Zigbee devices out there are now obselete.
Last week Zigbee alliance proposed a new standard
that is not backward compatiable!

<soloyolk@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, > > I'm a student working on an embedded systems undergraduate design > project. In our project, we want to use an Atmel chip with some other > Zigbee module that will allow us to transfer information using Zigbee > wireless communication. We have found several choices, such as > Maxstream's XBee Zigbee module, but we would prefer to use one that is > from Atmel or is compatible with Atmel. > > We found that Atmel has the AT86RF230 on their site > http://www.atmel.com/products/AVR/z-link/Default.asp, but when we tried > to actually buy the chips, it didn't seem like there were any > distributors for it. > > Does anyone know if the Atmel Zigbee chips are already out, and if so, > where we can buy them? > > Thanks in advance, > Dave >
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson September 28, 20062006-09-28
soloyolk@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, > > I'm a student working on an embedded systems undergraduate design > project. In our project, we want to use an Atmel chip with some other > Zigbee module that will allow us to transfer information using Zigbee > wireless communication. We have found several choices, such as > Maxstream's XBee Zigbee module, but we would prefer to use one that > is from Atmel or is compatible with Atmel. > > We found that Atmel has the AT86RF230 on their site > http://www.atmel.com/products/AVR/z-link/Default.asp, but when we > tried to actually buy the chips, it didn't seem like there were any > distributors for it. > > Does anyone know if the Atmel Zigbee chips are already out, and if so, > where we can buy them? >
Yes, they are out. Tell your distributor to contact Atmel to get the information.
> Thanks in advance, > Dave
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by September 28, 20062006-09-28