Reply by Tauno Voipio October 11, 20062006-10-11
martinfnp@yahoo.com wrote:
> Could somebody provide me with info where to get GNU compiler for > Cygwin for PowerPC target? What's usual practice? Do I need to download > source and compile it myself? Or is such compiler standard part of > binary free distribution? Thanks.
If you have a non-Intel Mac with OSX, it's available with the operating system. For Cygwin I compiled my own tools (though Linux is a better platform for the GNU tools). -- Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi
Reply by Not Really Me October 11, 20062006-10-11
<martinfnp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Could somebody provide me with info where to get GNU compiler for > Cygwin for PowerPC target? What's usual practice? Do I need to download > source and compile it myself? Or is such compiler standard part of > binary free distribution? Thanks. >
I highly recommend the Microcross Visual X-Tools. It is a complete GNU/GCC implementation with IDE and GDB implementation. Not free, but it could be a lot easier than putting together your own. Scott DISCLAIMER: In all fairness I must say that we are a Microcross partner.
Reply by larwe October 11, 20062006-10-11
martinfnp@yahoo.com wrote:
> Could somebody provide me with info where to get GNU compiler for > Cygwin for PowerPC target? What's usual practice? Do I need to download > source and compile it myself? Or is such compiler standard part of > binary free distribution? Thanks.
<http://www.macraigor.com/full_gnu.htm> is one full distribution. But as a rule I build it myself.
Reply by October 11, 20062006-10-11