Reply by Boudewijn Dijkstra October 18, 20062006-10-18
See my reply in comp.sys.arm. -- Gemaakt met Opera's revolutionaire e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Op Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:04:20 +0200 schreef abhay <abhaym244@gmail.com>:
>> I don't think PINSEL selects the direction, only the function (at least >> on the data sheet I've seen). There has to be a way to mode the clock as >> an input or an output, depending on whether you have a bus master or a >> slave. > > yes there is IODIR register for that.
No! It isn't. LPC213x User Manual (rev. 01), page 74: "The direction control bit in the IO0DIR register is effective only when the GPIO function is selected for a pin."
>> Do you have it triggered correctly? > but what do you mean by triggering it correctly ??
To let the scope do the work of detecting interesting signal levels. -- Gemaakt met Opera's revolutionaire e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply by abhay October 18, 20062006-10-18
> I don't think PINSEL selects the direction, only the function (at least > on the data sheet I've seen). There has to be a way to mode the clock as > an input or an output, depending on whether you have a bus master or a > slave.
yes there is IODIR register for that.
> OP: Do you have the SPI moded as a bus _master_? Are you using a scope > that would show you a single event? Do you have it triggered correctly? > Are you seeing any error status from the SPI? Are you getting a chip > select?
yes SPI is configured for master operation.yes the scope could be set to trace single events also. but what do you mean by triggering it correctly ?? what is the use for chip select when spi is configured for master operation already. what error status?? i am polling on master side.
Reply by Dave October 17, 20062006-10-17
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:40:43 +0200, Boudewijn Dijkstra wrote:

> Op Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:23:14 +0200 schreef Dave <dave@comteck.com>: >> And is there also a data direction register in which you have set the >> appropriate pins to be outputs? > > Not relevant. PINSEL does that for you, as long as you don't select GPIO > for these pins.
I don't think PINSEL selects the direction, only the function (at least on the data sheet I've seen). There has to be a way to mode the clock as an input or an output, depending on whether you have a bus master or a slave. OP: Do you have the SPI moded as a bus _master_? Are you using a scope that would show you a single event? Do you have it triggered correctly? Are you seeing any error status from the SPI? Are you getting a chip select? ~Dave~
Reply by abhay October 17, 20062006-10-17
hi,

please help me out.

i am still not able to get the clock output of SPI.
 And i am not able to find its possible cause
thank you

Reply by Boudewijn Dijkstra October 16, 20062006-10-16
Op Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:23:14 +0200 schreef Dave <dave@comteck.com>:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 23:51:48 -0700, abhay wrote: > >> yes there is a configuration register for pinouts PINSEL that i hav >> configured for my SPI operation.so i dont think there could be any >> mistake as such > > And is there also a data direction register in which you have set the > appropriate pins to be outputs?
Not relevant. PINSEL does that for you, as long as you don't select GPIO for these pins. -- Gemaakt met Opera's revolutionaire e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Reply by abhay October 16, 20062006-10-16

> And is there also a data direction register in which you have set the > appropriate pins to be outputs? >
yes there is also a data direction register IODIR .in that i hav configured spiclk pin as output.
Reply by Dave October 16, 20062006-10-16
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 23:51:48 -0700, abhay wrote:

> yes there is a configuration register for pinouts PINSEL that i hav > configured for my SPI operation.so i dont think there could be any > mistake as such
And is there also a data direction register in which you have set the appropriate pins to be outputs? ~Dave~
Reply by abhay October 15, 20062006-10-15
hi
thanks for your reply
yes there is a configuration register for pinouts PINSEL that i hav
configured for my SPI operation.so i dont think there could be any
mistake as such

Reply by Elan Magavi October 14, 20062006-10-14
is there a port configuration register which will set the alternate use of
the pins you are trying to use? DO the default to the proper modes for your
test?