Reply by Ulf Samuelsson November 4, 20062006-11-04
"lehotzki" <lep@lehotzki.at> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi > > Im new to ARM9 processors and have the following problem: i want to run > any executable code (that i can change) on my plattform. > So i found the Denx u-boot and can compile it. Then i tried to download it > as stated on the atmel page by setting the jumper to INT then load the > DataflashBoot.bin then load the u-boot to the dataflash. So far OK, can > see the u-boot image at position c0008000. When i then press '3' it says > ..loading bootloader ... but afterwards nothing happens, things just look > like the u-boot hangs (i expect at least to see u-boot starting up and > display a prompt). > I'm using u-boot 1.1.4 and have set TEXT_BASE to 0x21F00000. Also defined > the 2 defines as stated in the atmel introduction. > Anyone knows what's going wrong?? > > I'm using GNU-toolchain and Eclipse. > Another question is about that DataflashBoot which is actually working > fine. The source code is there as well but i found no makefile, so i'm not > able to compile it. Anyone any idea where i can get it?? > > thanks & kind regards > Renate
Check ftp://at91dist:distrib@81.80.104.162/ in the Third Party-> Linux section. Patched U-boot. do make at91rm9200df_config make to build u-boot You need a gcc-softfloat environment. Use dataflashboot-1.05.bin The sx-at91 can be used to download dataflashboot and u-boot to the target using minicom under Linux. See source code for how to configure. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

Reply by Ulf Samuelsson October 30, 20062006-10-30
lehotzki wrote:
> Hi > > Im new to ARM9 processors and have the following problem: i want to > run any executable code (that i can change) on my plattform. > So i found the Denx u-boot and can compile it. Then i tried to > download it as stated on the atmel page by setting the jumper to INT > then load the DataflashBoot.bin then load the u-boot to the > dataflash. So far OK, can see the u-boot image at position c0008000. > When i then press '3' it says ..loading bootloader ... but afterwards > nothing happens, things just look like the u-boot hangs (i expect at > least to see u-boot starting up and display a prompt). > I'm using u-boot 1.1.4 and have set TEXT_BASE to 0x21F00000. Also > defined the 2 defines as stated in the atmel introduction. > Anyone knows what's going wrong?? > > I'm using GNU-toolchain and Eclipse. > Another question is about that DataflashBoot which is actually working > fine. The source code is there as well but i found no makefile, so > i'm not able to compile it. Anyone any idea where i can get it?? > > thanks & kind regards > Renate
I put my stuff at ftp://at91dist:distrib@81.80.104.162/ Eventually, I should have a Buildroot which will: 1) Build a cross compiler toolchain 2) Build Dataflashboot.bin 3) Build U-Boot 1.1.4 4) Build Linux 2.6.16 (or later) 5) Build JFFS2/EXT2 Filesystem There is a buildroot there but it has a few problems, Have not had the time to upload the latest version... -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by lehotzki October 27, 20062006-10-27