Reply by AndrewB December 5, 20062006-12-05
Serena Version Manager and Serena TeamTrack.  Great support too!

Stephen Pelc wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:52:02 +0100, "Henrik [6650]" > <henrik6650@ofir.dk> wrote: > > >Does anybody have anything they can recommend? Cheap/free would be nice, but > >commercial packages also has our interest. > > Has anyone tried FogBugz from Fog Creek software. This is Joel > Spolsky's company. His "Joel on Software" stuff is always excellent. > > Stephen > > > -- > Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com > MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time > 133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England > tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691 > web: http://www.mpeforth.com - free VFX Forth downloads
Reply by toby December 4, 20062006-12-04
petros.fraser@gmail.com wrote:
> Well Tom I am impressed. I couldn't get scmbug to install on freebsd so > I eventually gave up. > I would love to integrate them though.
The other solution I posted will work on any UNIX-based O/S.
> Which OS do you use? Can you let > me in on how you fugured it out? > Thanks for any help. > > > toby wrote: > > Tom Lucas wrote: > > > "Richard Pennington" <rich@pennware.com> wrote in message > > > news:0wr5h.8576$9v5.6616@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > > > > ... > > > > I recently started using Bugzilla + Subversion + SCMbug. > > > > > > > > It was a little tricky to set up all three but the result is very > > > > cool. > > > > SCMbug integrates Bugzilla and Subversion, meaning that every change > > > > to the source repository has to be applied to a corresponding bug in > > > > the Bugzilla data base. > > > > > > Yet another reason for me to use Subversion! It must nearly be > > > Christmas! > > > > This kind of integration is one of its major strong points, yes; and as > > it continues to gain users, extensions will also proliferate. It's the > > Participation Age, baby...
Reply by Tom Lucas December 4, 20062006-12-04
<petros.fraser@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Well Tom I am impressed. I couldn't get scmbug to install on freebsd > so > I eventually gave up. > I would love to integrate them though. Which OS do you use? Can you > let > me in on how you fugured it out? > Thanks for any help.
Are you replying to me? I haven't installed anything yet so I have nothing that I can let you in on. I will be using Fedora Core 5 so I'll let you know if it proves to be too tricky.
> toby wrote: >> Tom Lucas wrote: >> > "Richard Pennington" <rich@pennware.com> wrote in message >> > news:0wr5h.8576$9v5.6616@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >> > > ... >> > > I recently started using Bugzilla + Subversion + SCMbug. >> > > >> > > It was a little tricky to set up all three but the result is very >> > > cool. >> > > SCMbug integrates Bugzilla and Subversion, meaning that every >> > > change >> > > to the source repository has to be applied to a corresponding bug >> > > in >> > > the Bugzilla data base. >> > >> > Yet another reason for me to use Subversion! It must nearly be >> > Christmas! >> >> This kind of integration is one of its major strong points, yes; and >> as >> it continues to gain users, extensions will also proliferate. It's >> the >> Participation Age, baby... >
Reply by December 1, 20062006-12-01

toby wrote:
> Tom Lucas wrote: > > "Richard Pennington" <rich@pennware.com> wrote in message > > news:0wr5h.8576$9v5.6616@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > > > ... > > > I recently started using Bugzilla + Subversion + SCMbug. > > > > > > It was a little tricky to set up all three but the result is very > > > cool. > > > SCMbug integrates Bugzilla and Subversion, meaning that every change > > > to the source repository has to be applied to a corresponding bug in > > > the Bugzilla data base. > > > > Yet another reason for me to use Subversion! It must nearly be > > Christmas! > > This kind of integration is one of its major strong points, yes; and as > it continues to gain users, extensions will also proliferate. It's the > Participation Age, baby...
Reply by toby November 14, 20062006-11-14
Tom Lucas wrote:
> "Richard Pennington" <rich@pennware.com> wrote in message > news:0wr5h.8576$9v5.6616@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > > ... > > I recently started using Bugzilla + Subversion + SCMbug. > > > > It was a little tricky to set up all three but the result is very > > cool. > > SCMbug integrates Bugzilla and Subversion, meaning that every change > > to the source repository has to be applied to a corresponding bug in > > the Bugzilla data base. > > Yet another reason for me to use Subversion! It must nearly be > Christmas!
This kind of integration is one of its major strong points, yes; and as it continues to gain users, extensions will also proliferate. It's the Participation Age, baby...
Reply by Tom Lucas November 14, 20062006-11-14
"Richard Pennington" <rich@pennware.com> wrote in message
> Henrik [6650] wrote: >> Hello friends, >> >> I am searching for a bug tracking software of some kind. We have been >> using >> PR-Tracker for a few years. But it does no longer fit our needs. And >> is >> somewhat clunky to use. (Version 4.5 that is. I have not used any >> never). >> >> So I am somewhat curious to hear what people are using and why. >> Preferably >> packages that run on Windoze platform, since that is what we use in >> our >> department. >> >> What we need: >> Shared database with support for multiple users. >> Windoze supported host/client >> Possibility to create and assign problems to developers. >> Posibility to create various reports from the database. >> >> Does anybody have anything they can recommend? Cheap/free would be >> nice, but >> commercial packages also has our interest. >> >> Thanking you all in advance. >> >> Best regards >> Henrik >> > > Hi Henrik, > > I recently started using Bugzilla + Subversion + SCMbug. > > It was a little tricky to set up all three but the result is very > cool. > SCMbug integrates Bugzilla and Subversion, meaning that every change > to the source repository has to be applied to a corresponding bug in > the Bugzilla data base.
Yet another reason for me to use Subversion! It must nearly be Christmas!
Reply by Stephen Pelc November 13, 20062006-11-13
<henrik6650@ofir.dk> wrote:

>Does anybody have anything they can recommend? Cheap/free would be nice, but >commercial packages also has our interest.
Has anyone tried FogBugz from Fog Creek software. This is Joel Spolsky's company. His "Joel on Software" stuff is always excellent. Stephen -- Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@mpeforth.com MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time 133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691 web: http://www.mpeforth.com - free VFX Forth downloads
Reply by DM McGowan II November 13, 20062006-11-13
"Henrik [6650]" <henrik6650@ofir.dk> wrote in message
> Hello friends, > > I am searching for a bug tracking software of some kind. We have been > using > > So I am somewhat curious to hear what people are using and why. Preferably > packages that run on Windoze platform, since that is what we use in our > department. > > Best regards > Henrik > >
***** BugTracker.NET (ASP.NET based, Free and open-source, can also be run on Mono on Linux I've read) *** TestTrack (medium developer base) *** ClearQuest (very lage developer base)
Reply by AK November 12, 20062006-11-12
Henrik [6650] napisa&#4294967295;(a):
> Hello friends, > > > Best regards > Henrik > >
Hi Henrik, check this: http://www.mantisbugtracker.com/ It uses MySQL and Apache servers, it is quiet easy to setup everything under windows. Can be also integrated with version control system (cvs, subversion). Best Reagrds AK
Reply by toby November 11, 20062006-11-11
I used this script to solve this at one site: http://www.telegraphics.com.au/svn/svn_bz/trunk/