Reply by 42Bastian Schick March 7, 20072007-03-07
It won't fit (very likely) :-) -- 42Bastian Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-) Use <same-name>@monlynx.de instead !
On 13 Feb 2007 10:25:04 -0800, "okalex" <okalex@gmail.com> wrote:

> >I'm having a hard time determining which OS to use, however. Ideally, >it should already be ported to AT91SAM9. It should also have a TCP/IP >stack, and a board-support package for the AT91SAM9260-EK (or >something very similar) would be very nice. We're not opposed to >paying for the RTOS, but $4000 is well out of our price range. We'd >prefer something that's $1000 or less. So far, I've found FreeRTOS >(www.freertos.org), eCos, uCLinux, ARM Linux, and the LinuxLink >subscription from TimeSys.
Sciopta runs on a at91sam9261-ek but we're not that cheap. -- 42Bastian Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-) Use <same-name>@monlynx.de instead !
Reply by February 14, 20072007-02-14
On Feb 13, 8:25 pm, "okalex" <oka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again, > > We've decided to use the Atmel AT91SAM9260 for our project. The chip > is probably a bit more powerful than we currently need, but it's > always nice to have room for future enhancements, and it's slightly > more expensive than most of the ARM7 and Coldfire chips we were > looking at. While waiting for my development kit, I'm trying to > figure out what development tools and RTOS to use. The Rowley > CrossWorks toolset was highly recommended by a few of you, so we'll > probably end up using that. > > I'm having a hard time determining which OS to use, however. Ideally, > it should already be ported to AT91SAM9. It should also have a TCP/IP > stack, and a board-support package for the AT91SAM9260-EK (or > something very similar) would be very nice. We're not opposed to > paying for the RTOS, but $4000 is well out of our price range. We'd > prefer something that's $1000 or less. So far, I've found FreeRTOS > (www.freertos.org), eCos, uCLinux, ARM Linux, and the LinuxLink > subscription from TimeSys. > > Does anyone have any experience using a RTOS with this processor? Are > there any other OSes I should be looking into? Any recommendations, > comments, random thoughts are greatly appreciated. This is an ongoing > learning process for me, so I've got a number of questions and > unknowns. > > Thanks, > Alex
http://www.tnkernel.com/ Regards, Viron.
Reply by okalex February 14, 20072007-02-14
On Feb 14, 2:23 pm, "Ulf Samuelsson" <u...@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote:
> Since the SAM9260 is using external flash, you want to check > with your potential compiler/debugger vendor how they > plan to support you programming the external flash > when you start a debugging session.
Oh, I was under the impression that this could be handled by the JTAG debugger. Is this not the case? I'll be using Rowley CrossWorks with their CrossConnect debugger. Does anyone know if I'll be able to program the flash using the Rowley toolset? Thanks, Alex
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson February 14, 20072007-02-14
"okalex" <okalex@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello again, > > We've decided to use the Atmel AT91SAM9260 for our project. The chip > is probably a bit more powerful than we currently need, but it's > always nice to have room for future enhancements, and it's slightly > more expensive than most of the ARM7 and Coldfire chips we were > looking at. While waiting for my development kit, I'm trying to > figure out what development tools and RTOS to use. The Rowley > CrossWorks toolset was highly recommended by a few of you, so we'll > probably end up using that. > > I'm having a hard time determining which OS to use, however. Ideally, > it should already be ported to AT91SAM9. It should also have a TCP/IP > stack, and a board-support package for the AT91SAM9260-EK (or > something very similar) would be very nice. We're not opposed to > paying for the RTOS, but $4000 is well out of our price range. We'd > prefer something that's $1000 or less. So far, I've found FreeRTOS > (www.freertos.org), eCos, uCLinux, ARM Linux, and the LinuxLink > subscription from TimeSys. > > Does anyone have any experience using a RTOS with this processor? Are > there any other OSes I should be looking into? Any recommendations, > comments, random thoughts are greatly appreciated. This is an ongoing > learning process for me, so I've got a number of questions and > unknowns. > > Thanks, > Alex >
I have been working with ENEA to have the OSE Epsilon ported to the SAM9260. I have no idea on the pricing structure they use. Since the SAM9260 is using external flash, you want to check with your potential compiler/debugger vendor how they plan to support you programming the external flash when you start a debugging session. Atmel has close cooperation with IAR and Keil for this device. Also there are relations w Green Hills. For Linux, gcc compilers are OK. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by Anders February 13, 20072007-02-13
Peter wrote:
> CrossWorks includes a "tasking library" that seems fairly good - you'd > need to add a TCP/IP stack but otherwise it's ready to go & free (with > the toolset).
I'm using Rowleys right now for this fairly complex little widget: http://www.interopix.com/roc_controller.php The CTL (Crossworks Tasking Library) has all the fundamentals and it's very easy to get going. It's missing I/O and networking. I've used EFSL and uIP for that, which covers my needs. So I have nothing but good things to say about Rowleys stuff (and I'm not working for them ;) </A>
Reply by Peter February 13, 20072007-02-13
On Feb 14, 5:25 am, "okalex" <oka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello again, > > We've decided to use the Atmel AT91SAM9260 for our project. The chip > is probably a bit more powerful than we currently need, but it's > always nice to have room for future enhancements, and it's slightly > more expensive than most of the ARM7 and Coldfire chips we were > looking at. While waiting for my development kit, I'm trying to > figure out what development tools and RTOS to use. The Rowley > CrossWorks toolset was highly recommended by a few of you, so we'll > probably end up using that.
CrossWorks includes a "tasking library" that seems fairly good - you'd need to add a TCP/IP stack but otherwise it's ready to go & free (with the toolset). Peter
Reply by okalex February 13, 20072007-02-13