Reply by linnix February 27, 20072007-02-27
On Feb 27, 8:49 am, "larwe" <zwsdot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 12:03 pm, "Alexander Baranov" <bara...@verizon.net> wrote: > > > I have about 5 AVR ISP mkII programmers and all of them have 6-pin > > connector. > > I know it comes with a 6-pin ISP cable, however look at the PCB. Right > next to the USB connector you'll see what looks like a JTAG port. I > expect it is only for programming the onboard micro, but I thought I'd > ask.
Yes, that's for programming the on-board micro. You need the Jtag MkII to program another AVR via Jtag.
Reply by larwe February 27, 20072007-02-27
On Feb 27, 12:03 pm, "Alexander Baranov" <bara...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I have about 5 AVR ISP mkII programmers and all of them have 6-pin > connector.
I know it comes with a 6-pin ISP cable, however look at the PCB. Right next to the USB connector you'll see what looks like a JTAG port. I expect it is only for programming the onboard micro, but I thought I'd ask.
Reply by Alexander Baranov February 27, 20072007-02-27
"larwe" <zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The mkII ISP cable has a 10-pin 100 mil (5x2) footprint that looks > suspiciously like an unpopulated JTAG header. Is this for programming > the on-board mega128 chip, or can it be used to connect to a target? > > Thanks. >
I have about 5 AVR ISP mkII programmers and all of them have 6-pin connector. It is connected to ISP port of mega128 (PD0, PD1, SPICLK, RST, GND, VCC). No JTAG functions at all. Alex.