Reply by Dave March 9, 20072007-03-09
...thanks...

Dave

"Meindert Sprang" <ms@NOJUNKcustomORSPAMware.nl> wrote in message
news:45efab22$0$25850$e4fe514c@dreader12.news.xs4all.nl...
> "Dave" <starfire151@cableone.net> wrote in message > news:12uuqnbmf2311f5@corp.supernews.com... >> I agree. This looks like a great solution. >> >> Meindert - Have you worked with this device? > > Yes, I have used it in one of my products, but that product is not on the > market yet. > >> Did you just get the device or >> the development kit? > > Yes, the driver can be downloaded from their website and for the > development > kit you ave to sign an NDA. But all is free. You have to supply the > compiler > yourself if you want to make custom code for the unit. But for a simple > serial wire replacement into a point-to-point TCP/IP link it works almost > out of the box. You just have to configure the units though it's web > interface. > >> If you got the development kit, is it pretty well put >> together? > > Can't say, I haven't used that yet. > > Meindert > >
Reply by Meindert Sprang March 8, 20072007-03-08
"Dave" <starfire151@cableone.net> wrote in message
> I agree. This looks like a great solution. > > Meindert - Have you worked with this device?
Yes, I have used it in one of my products, but that product is not on the market yet.
> Did you just get the device or > the development kit?
Yes, the driver can be downloaded from their website and for the development kit you ave to sign an NDA. But all is free. You have to supply the compiler yourself if you want to make custom code for the unit. But for a simple serial wire replacement into a point-to-point TCP/IP link it works almost out of the box. You just have to configure the units though it's web interface.
> If you got the development kit, is it pretty well put > together?
Can't say, I haven't used that yet. Meindert
Reply by Dave March 7, 20072007-03-07
> "Ed" <eddie@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message news:5kWGh.419$kf.398@trndny02... >> I am using the DS89C450 mcu and would like to find the easiest/quickest >> solution to use TCP/IP. >> I was thinking of just using a ttl serial to ethernet converter?? >> Any suggestions? >> Thanks in advance. > > Lantronix XPort. > > Meindert > >
I agree. This looks like a great solution. Meindert - Have you worked with this device? Did you just get the device or the development kit? If you got the development kit, is it pretty well put together? Thanks. Dave
Reply by Anton Erasmus March 6, 20072007-03-06
On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 15:04:33 GMT, "Ed" <eddie@hvc.rr.com> wrote:

>I am using the DS89C450 mcu and would like to find the easiest/quickest >solution to use TCP/IP. >I was thinking of just using a ttl serial to ethernet converter?? >Any suggestions? >Thanks in advance. >
Wiznet series of chips. They have quite a few 8051 based development kits and example code. Regards Anton Erasmus
Reply by Meindert Sprang March 5, 20072007-03-05
"Ed" <eddie@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message news:5kWGh.419$kf.398@trndny02...
> I am using the DS89C450 mcu and would like to find the easiest/quickest > solution to use TCP/IP. > I was thinking of just using a ttl serial to ethernet converter?? > Any suggestions? > Thanks in advance.
Lantronix XPort. Meindert
Reply by Ed March 5, 20072007-03-05