Reply by Alex Gibson April 14, 20072007-04-14
"Alex Gibson" <news@alxx.org> wrote in message
> > Is there any where anyone knows of, that actually has > ATNGW100 AVR32 NETWORK GATEWAY > http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=4102 > in stock yet ? > > They have a promo selling them for US$69 > and claim they are available but I can't find anyone who has any in stock. > http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/view_detail.asp?FileName=AVR32NGKit_3_26.html&family_id=682 > > Nice to see that they provide avr32 studio for windows and linux (eclipse > based). > http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools.asp?family_id=682 > > Thanks > > Alex
Digikey now have them in stock and have shipped my order. they also have a pack of an stk500(for avr not avr32) + avr jtag mark2 for US$150 http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Criteria?Ref=3064&Site=US&Cat=34144956 Alex
Reply by Wilco Dijkstra April 6, 20072007-04-06
"larwe" <zwsdotcom@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Apr 5, 1:58 pm, tusu...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Heheh, it is probably only funny to someone like me, who rolls his > eyes when people start getting all excited about hardware that > accelerates embedded Java; besides cellphones, I haven't seen much > real use of it.
Indeed, Java isn't very popular in the embedded space, partly due to lack of fast Java hardware, partly due to its memory requirements and realtime issues. Even Jazelle is not as fast as a good JIT. So Java isn't used much except for games in mobiles. Wilco
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson April 6, 20072007-04-06
"Jim Granville" <no.spam@designtools.maps.co.nz> skrev i meddelandet
> Ulf Samuelsson wrote: >>>They don't have stock either. >>>Supposed to be getting them in in approximately two weeks. >>> >> >> >> Unlike many other Atmel development boards, the first production >> order was a couple of thousands, so once the first batch arrives, >> I hope that there should not be any availability problems. > > That could depend on how quickly the second order is placed :) > > Is there a lead time/price about yet, for the EVK1100 ? > > -jg >
My guess is $100-150 for the EVK1100. No clue on lead time -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by larwe April 5, 20072007-04-05
On Apr 5, 1:58 pm, tusu...@my-deja.com wrote:

> (I just googled to see what actually "jizzele" is but can't see > nothing which make sense, nevermind) > > sorry again if this is bad word
Heheh, it is probably only funny to someone like me, who rolls his eyes when people start getting all excited about hardware that accelerates embedded Java; besides cellphones, I haven't seen much real use of it. In U.S. English slang, and I think also U.K. English, "jizz" is ... well, look it up: <http://www.reference.com/search?r=13&q=Jizz>
Reply by Jim Granville April 5, 20072007-04-05
Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>>They don't have stock either. >>Supposed to be getting them in in approximately two weeks. >> > > > Unlike many other Atmel development boards, the first production > order was a couple of thousands, so once the first batch arrives, > I hope that there should not be any availability problems.
That could depend on how quickly the second order is placed :) Is there a lead time/price about yet, for the EVK1100 ? -jg
Reply by April 5, 20072007-04-05
larwe =ED=E0=EF=E8=F1=E0:
> On Apr 4, 7:09 am, tusu...@my-deja.com wrote: > > > the same story as the Jizzele instructions in SAM9 - there is no C > > ROFL. Tsvetan, that is one of the funniest Freudian slips I've seen in > c.a.e. ;) No, Jazelle doesn't get me excited either.
oh sorry English is not my native language, indeed the correct word is Jazelle! (I just googled to see what actually "jizzele" is but can't see nothing which make sense, nevermind) sorry again if this is bad word Tsvetan
Reply by larwe April 5, 20072007-04-05
On Apr 4, 7:09 am, tusu...@my-deja.com wrote:

> the same story as the Jizzele instructions in SAM9 - there is no C
ROFL. Tsvetan, that is one of the funniest Freudian slips I've seen in c.a.e. ;) No, Jazelle doesn't get me excited either.
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson April 5, 20072007-04-05
> Ulf, > > please reconsider your quoting style. It wqas hard to see your remarks in > above message >
Outlook Express is no good at quoting Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
> Bye >
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by Uwe Bonnes April 5, 20072007-04-05
Ulf Samuelsson <ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote:
> according to our local distributor they will have these in 2 weeks and
> ==> I think that a few people will work on Video Codecs and > the rest will just use them.
Ulf, please reconsider your quoting style. It wqas hard to see your remarks in above message Bye -- Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
Reply by Alex Gibson April 5, 20072007-04-05
<tusunov@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Alex Gibson ??????:
> Is there any where anyone knows of, that actually has > ATNGW100 AVR32 NETWORK GATEWAY > http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=4102 > in stock yet ? > > They have a promo selling them for US$69 > and claim they are available but I can't find anyone who has any in stock. > http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/view_detail.asp?FileName=AVR32NGKit_3_26.html&family_id=682 > > Nice to see that they provide avr32 studio for windows and linux (eclipse > based). > http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools.asp?family_id=682
>according to our local distributor they will have these in 2 weeks and >will sell them for US $102 (including the tax), but I do not see much >sense to evaluate this chip at the moment. >I was 100% sure that the $69 price is just a buzz and Atmel may sell >some boards on this price in US but nobody outside US will get the kit >for this price.
Digikey have the boards listed for US$69 but no stock yet
>Digikey sell these chips alone for US $37.63/ea in single quantity >i.e. it cost about twice much than SAM9261 (US $19.35), so why to >learn new architecture? yes, it have some more exotic instructions >than ARM but tell me which C compiler will utilize their use? this is >the same story as the Jizzele instructions in SAM9 - there is no C >compiler which to use them, so no big deal that your ARM core have >them unless you love to write on low level language.>> > >And not for least I'm not confident that AVR32 at 150 will be faster >than ARM9 at 180 Mhz, all I've seen for playing video with the Atmel >demonstrations were on 320x240 pixels LCD, why then AVR32 need this >hardware accelerator for the MPEG, ARM9 (204Mhz) plays video with >hours on my pocket PC just fine on the same LCD resolution without >need for any hardware accelerator. > >Of course I could be wrong, but these are my first personal >impressions. > >Best regards >Tsvetan
I'm not fussed about the chip arch/instructions or the video side. Need some low cost, lowish power, small gateway boards ( can and rs485 to ethernet) with reasonable processing power for a project. Can also use them on a few other projects. Already have atmel tools ( jtag). These boards have all I need except rs485, and can't be beaten for the price. A bonus is atmel providing ready to roll tools for both windows and linux. Evaluating a few boards including a few of yours(stk lpc378). Want to try one, then if they prove to live up to whats required get a few. Thanks Alex