Reply by FreeRTOS.org May 23, 20072007-05-23
"CBFalconer" <cbfalconer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> vviron@gmail.com wrote: >> >> How about http://www.tnkernel.com? >> Already ported to AT91SAM7S128. > > Meaningless, without adequate quotes. See below.
Meaningless with quotes anyway - the OP was asking about ARM9 and FreeRTOS. -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com An IEC 61508 certified real time kernel for safety related systems.
Reply by CBFalconer May 22, 20072007-05-22
vviron@gmail.com wrote:
> > How about http://www.tnkernel.com? > Already ported to AT91SAM7S128.
Meaningless, without adequate quotes. See below. -- If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, ensure you quote enough for the article to make sense. Google is only an interface to Usenet; it's not Usenet itself. Don't assume your readers can, or ever will, see any previous articles. More details at: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
Reply by May 20, 20072007-05-20
How about http://www.tnkernel.com?
Already ported to AT91SAM7S128.
Regards,
Viron.

Reply by 42Bastian Schick May 9, 20072007-05-09
On Tue, 8 May 2007 23:04:51 +0200, "Ulf Samuelsson"
<ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote:

>"FreeRTOS.org" <noemail@noaddress.com> skrev i meddelandet >news:Gt_%h.14888$Ro3.6378@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk... >> "Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote in message >> news:f1p8nb$dk2$1@aioe.org... >>> Anyone aware of such a thing? >>> >>> -- >>> Best Regards, >>> Ulf Samuelsson >>> This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, >>> or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB >> >> >> Hi Ulf, >> >> I've just looked through my archive and cannot see a port. Do the SAM7 >> and SAM9 share peripherals? If so there should be little effort in >> converting the existing SAM7 ports to run on the SAM9 - I would guess just >> the timer and interrupt controller setup. Or is there something more >> substantial? >> >> I think I may have a SAM9 board. If you are interested in an official >> port then drop me an email (address on the FreeRTOS.org contacts page). >> > >Most of the stuff in the SAM9260 is the same as in the SAM7X/SAM7S >so it is probably not so hard. >Talked to a customer yesterday which is using SAM7S256/FreeRTOS
Sciopta (though not free) supports the SAM9 (even with MMU protection of processes). Anyway, a customer of us switched from SAM7SE to SAM9 w/o problem. -- 42Bastian Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-) Use <same-name>@monlynx.de instead !
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson May 8, 20072007-05-08
"FreeRTOS.org" <noemail@noaddress.com> skrev i meddelandet
> "Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote in message > news:f1p8nb$dk2$1@aioe.org... >> Anyone aware of such a thing? >> >> -- >> Best Regards, >> Ulf Samuelsson >> This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, >> or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB > > > Hi Ulf, > > I've just looked through my archive and cannot see a port. Do the SAM7 > and SAM9 share peripherals? If so there should be little effort in > converting the existing SAM7 ports to run on the SAM9 - I would guess just > the timer and interrupt controller setup. Or is there something more > substantial? > > I think I may have a SAM9 board. If you are interested in an official > port then drop me an email (address on the FreeRTOS.org contacts page). >
Most of the stuff in the SAM9260 is the same as in the SAM7X/SAM7S so it is probably not so hard. Talked to a customer yesterday which is using SAM7S256/FreeRTOS and need more memory so they were looking at the SAM7SE, but I think that the SAM9260 system solution might be lower cost. I will copy them on this, and then they will have to decide what to do...
> -- > Regards, > Richard. > > + http://www.FreeRTOS.org > A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems. > > + http://www.SafeRTOS.com > An IEC 61508 compliant real time kernel for safety related systems. >
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by FreeRTOS.org May 8, 20072007-05-08
> Anyone aware of such a thing? > > -- > Best Regards, > Ulf Samuelsson > This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, > or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Hi Ulf, I've just looked through my archive and cannot see a port. Do the SAM7 and SAM9 share peripherals? If so there should be little effort in converting the existing SAM7 ports to run on the SAM9 - I would guess just the timer and interrupt controller setup. Or is there something more substantial? I think I may have a SAM9 board. If you are interested in an official port then drop me an email (address on the FreeRTOS.org contacts page). -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com An IEC 61508 compliant real time kernel for safety related systems.
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson May 8, 20072007-05-08
Anyone aware of such a thing?

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson