Reply by Mike Silva June 21, 20072007-06-21
On Jun 21, 2:55 am, anjn...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all, > > I have knowledge of RTOS. can anyone suggest application projects > where we can use RTOS? > Or some sites where i can find out this kind of projects. > > Thanks.
In very generic terms, maybe something along these lines - A user input task (reading keypresses, switches, etc) - A user output task (driving LEDs, an LCD display, etc) - One or more process tasks (read some data, compute something, write some data). - A background comms task so you can talk to your device through a PC serial port - A timekeeping task - display time of day or some other time data on your display Once you figure out what your process task(s) need to do (the guts of the system) you'll be able to figure out what the rest of the tasks should do. If you already have hardware, that will determine a lot of what you can and can't do.
Reply by John B June 21, 20072007-06-21
On 21/06/2007 anjna22@gmail.com wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2:10 pm, "Tom Lucas" > <news@REMOVE_tlcs_THIS_dot_TO_fsnet_REPLY_dot_co.uk> wrote: > > <anjn...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > > > news:1182408932.781558.18790@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > > > > Hi all, > > > > > I have knowledge of RTOS. can anyone suggest application projects > > > where we can use RTOS? > > > Or some sites where i can find out this kind of projects. > > > > > Thanks. > > > > Check outhttp://www.freertos.org/ > > > > Lot's of good info there and a free RTOS to play with. > > > I have this FreeRTOS only and don't want to use demo application but i > want to develop some application project. Name of application > projects which i can develop using RTOS.
I understand this ship needs a new engine management system: http://www.btinternet.com/~Paddlers/PSWaverley/ Maybe it's within your capabilities. On the otherhand if it's a homework project, then maybe not. -- John B
Reply by CBFalconer June 21, 20072007-06-21
anjna22@gmail.com wrote:

... snip ...
> > I have this FreeRTOS only and don't want to use demo application > but i want to develop some application project. Name of > application projects which i can develop using RTOS.
You only use/need/want a RTOS when the application(s) and/or their interactions demand those characteristics. Otherwise you can either abandon any idea of an OS, or use something easier, such as Linux or even FreeDos. -- <http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt> <http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/423> <http://www.aaxnet.com/editor/edit043.html> cbfalconer at maineline dot net -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
Reply by Vladimir Vassilevsky June 21, 20072007-06-21

anjna22@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all, > > I have knowledge of RTOS. can anyone suggest application projects > where we can use RTOS?
If all you know is RTOS, then develop another RTOS running under the host RTOS. Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant http://www.abvolt.com
Reply by Tom Lucas June 21, 20072007-06-21
<anjna22@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 21, 2:10 pm, "Tom Lucas" > <news@REMOVE_tlcs_THIS_dot_TO_fsnet_REPLY_dot_co.uk> wrote: >> <anjn...@gmail.com> wrote in message >> >> news:1182408932.781558.18790@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >> >> > Hi all, >> >> > I have knowledge of RTOS. can anyone suggest application projects >> > where we can use RTOS? >> > Or some sites where i can find out this kind of projects. >> >> > Thanks. >> >> Check outhttp://www.freertos.org/ >> >> Lot's of good info there and a free RTOS to play with. > > > I have this FreeRTOS only and don't want to use demo application but i > want to develop some application project. Name of application > projects which i can develop using RTOS.
Well, use some imagination! There are countless applications running an RTOS. Some examples I've come across are Head Up displays and ethernet routers. What do you want to do with your system? An RTOS is simply a tool to achieve an aim, like a TCP stack or a graphics library. What you are really asking is akin to "I want to find out about hammers, please suggest something I can hit." Often you don't need an RTOS at all - the product I'm developing is quite complex but, with a bit of thought, there is no need to have multiple tasks running at once. If you really can't think of an application for yourself then do a traffic light controller that must to control the lights at a 4 or 5 way junction with pedestrian crossings on two of the roads. Assume that there are loops installed in the minor roads to detect waiting cars. You can use a task for the sequencing, a task for the crossings and a task to detect waiting cars. Data must be passed between these tasks using the RTOS's facilities.
Reply by Anders June 21, 20072007-06-21
anjna22@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2:10 pm, "Tom Lucas" > <news@REMOVE_tlcs_THIS_dot_TO_fsnet_REPLY_dot_co.uk> wrote: >> <anjn...@gmail.com> wrote in message >> >> news:1182408932.781558.18790@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >> >>> Hi all, >>> I have knowledge of RTOS. can anyone suggest application projects >>> where we can use RTOS? >>> Or some sites where i can find out this kind of projects. >>> Thanks. >> Check outhttp://www.freertos.org/ >> >> Lot's of good info there and a free RTOS to play with. > > > I have this FreeRTOS only and don't want to use demo application but i > want to develop some application project. Name of application > projects which i can develop using RTOS. >
-"I have shoes. Please tell me where to go." You can use an RTOS in just about anything that has a microprocessor. Toaster, space shuttle - whatever. </A>
Reply by June 21, 20072007-06-21