Reply by Neil Kurzman October 2, 20042004-10-02

Joel Heath wrote:

> I'm working on a senior design project involving an 8052 > microcontroller. We currently have a hardware setup from a previous > semester's team that has an HD44780-based 16x2 character LCD as the > main means to displaying information to the user. The C library we > have from the previous team does not compile with what we now have. I > would appreciate any information anyone might have on where to find a > C library for use with these devices. I have searched high and low > only to find a couple of assembly libraries...which we don't want to > use because the control code (which works for the most part) that will > determine what to put on the LCD is all in C. > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
The 8052 is not a PC what compiler are you using it makes a difference. Try www.8052.com or even google. It is a common piece of code, but NOT as a library. Most compilers allow you to link with C modules. You can mix C and asm.
Reply by Mickey October 1, 20042004-10-01
I would suggest that you write your own routine for putchar function,
and use standard printf functon from precompiled library.

Mickey

Reply by Andy Peters September 30, 20042004-09-30
boowax@hotmail.com (Joel Heath) wrote in message news:<b2afe7c3.0409291701.61c6ed5c@posting.google.com>...
> I'm working on a senior design project involving an 8052 > microcontroller. We currently have a hardware setup from a previous > semester's team that has an HD44780-based 16x2 character LCD as the > main means to displaying information to the user. The C library we > have from the previous team does not compile with what we now have. I > would appreciate any information anyone might have on where to find a > C library for use with these devices. I have searched high and low > only to find a couple of assembly libraries...which we don't want to > use because the control code (which works for the most part) that will > determine what to put on the LCD is all in C.
http://www.latke.net/lcd/
Reply by Jan Homuth September 30, 20042004-09-30
have a look at: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ih/doc/lcd/

Furthermore: www.google.com

grtnx
/jan

Joel Heath <boowax@hotmail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
b2afe7c3.0409291701.61c6ed5c@posting.google.com...
> I'm working on a senior design project involving an 8052 > microcontroller. We currently have a hardware setup from a previous > semester's team that has an HD44780-based 16x2 character LCD as the > main means to displaying information to the user. The C library we > have from the previous team does not compile with what we now have. I > would appreciate any information anyone might have on where to find a > C library for use with these devices. I have searched high and low > only to find a couple of assembly libraries...which we don't want to > use because the control code (which works for the most part) that will > determine what to put on the LCD is all in C. > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
Reply by Joel Heath September 29, 20042004-09-29