Reply by October 7, 20042004-10-07
>Any idea when it would be ready or how satisfactory the process is? > >-Eleanor
We built a small batch of 5270 modules last month. We have finished the evaluation of this batch and have just ordered the beta production run. These should be ready for beta distribution in 4-6 weeks. The tools will be ready for beta release then as well. (Realize these are our fully released tools, the only beta part is the 5270 BSP) We will release 25 to 30 units as beta development kits. Existing customers have first shot at the beta units. Production unit availiblity will depend on quantity silicon availiblity. Paul
> >pbreed@netburner.com wrote in message news:<0qirl0dmudl5ve5bsabbmq5meo0i4bodt0@4ax.com>... >> Netburner is currently Beta Testing our MCF5270 solution. >> >> This is the Normal Netburner solution with compiler, linker, debugger, RTOS, TCP/IP, and hardware reference design.. >> >> If you are not familiar with netburner take a look at our website. www.netburner.com >> >> Te site a reviews our tools and offerings. The 5270 stuff is not yet ready for official publicity. >> so it is not yet covered on the web site. >> >> You can either purchase hardware modules from us, or purchase a design license from us. >> Both include tools, RTOS TCP/IP and hardware reference design. >> >> You can also google for past netburner Threads on comp.arch.embedded >> >> Try Google groups for >> "ColdFire tool recommendations?" the Nov 18 thread. >> "Netburner modules in real products?" the Aug 18th thread. (Read the whole thread) >> "cheapest embedded processor with built in ethernet controller? " My response talks about the 5270 dated 9/14/04 >> >> Paul >> CTO Netburner.
Reply by Eleanor S October 4, 20042004-10-04
Any idea when it would be ready or how satisfactory the process is?

-Eleanor

pbreed@netburner.com wrote in message news:<0qirl0dmudl5ve5bsabbmq5meo0i4bodt0@4ax.com>...
> Netburner is currently Beta Testing our MCF5270 solution. > > This is the Normal Netburner solution with compiler, linker, debugger, RTOS, TCP/IP, and hardware reference design.. > > If you are not familiar with netburner take a look at our website. www.netburner.com > > Te site a reviews our tools and offerings. The 5270 stuff is not yet ready for official publicity. > so it is not yet covered on the web site. > > You can either purchase hardware modules from us, or purchase a design license from us. > Both include tools, RTOS TCP/IP and hardware reference design. > > You can also google for past netburner Threads on comp.arch.embedded > > Try Google groups for > "ColdFire tool recommendations?" the Nov 18 thread. > "Netburner modules in real products?" the Aug 18th thread. (Read the whole thread) > "cheapest embedded processor with built in ethernet controller? " My response talks about the 5270 dated 9/14/04 > > Paul > CTO Netburner.
Reply by David Brown October 2, 20042004-10-02
"Graham Yarbrough" <ygraham111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We are beginning the development of an embedded system based on the > Freescale MCF5270 family. > > Question 1) - Any experience with that processor anyone is willing to > share??? > Question 2) - We are looking for a suitable IDE, compiler, etc. > Freescale obviously suggests Metrowerks. We are also looking at the > Precise MQX, Quadros RTXC, Blunk TargetOS, KADAKAMX, MD SMX, and > ATINucleus. > > I have worked with several of these years back. I have also searched > the usenet archives here on Google. But this being usenet, some of the > comments reach back 10 years and many have little to do with the issue > in question. 10 years is a bit far to evaluate a current product. > > Will anyone comment on their selected IDE for our environment. Or > their success generally with our selected products.............
Many (most?) people working in embedded systems developments don't use IDEs. The people who make the best compilers don't necessarily make the best debuggers, and they are very unlikely to make the best editors. If you concentrate on looking for IDEs, you are going to get a poor solution (or an unreasonably expensive one), although obviously you have to make sure your compiler chain and debugger play well together. Depending on your experiances, the time you have for learning, and the way you like to work, it may be that a complete package from one place is the best solution for you - just don't insist on it from the start. A popular choice for Coldfire development is GNU tools. If you don't want to put it together yourself, you can buy ready-to-run packages from a number of places. Given that they cost something like 5% of the price of the big commercial toolkits, there is little to lose if you don't like them. Cybertec (www.cybertec.com.au) have such a toolkit (which I haven't used), and a cheap BDM debugger (which I have bought, but not yet had a chance to use).
Reply by October 1, 20042004-10-01
[...]

Reply by Graham Yarbrough September 29, 20042004-09-29