Reply by Roland Ca?ebohm October 5, 20042004-10-05
Michael Schmid <abcsmdxyz@iis.fraunhofer.de> wrote in message news:<415b9c59$1@news.fhg.de>...
> Hi Udo, > > Lantronix has a small RS-232 <-> Ethernet Converter which has almost the > size of a RJ-45 connector, called XPort > (http://www.lantronix.com/products/eds/xport/index.html). > Important: You don't need to care about the kernel, the compiler and so > on. I think it's a good solution if You don't have a big amount of data > to transfer. > > I know that there is also a similiar solution including a Net+Arm chip, > which is completely user-programmable (except bootloader). > > I hope this helps, > > Michael > > > Udo Giacomozzi wrote: > > Hello everybody, > > > > can somebody suggest me a embedded linux module with RS232 and Ethernet > > interfaces? Not much more is needed. > > > > The RS232 interace is used to attach a GPRS modem module. > > > > I want to use one of the following configurations: > > > > 1 - FTP server for the ethernet side, upload then via GPRS to another FTP > > server > > > > or: > > > > 2 - daemon that loads a FTP file from the ethernet side and then uploads it > > via GPRS > > > > As you see, that should be a Ethernet<->RS232 gateway for a ethernet client > > that doesn't understand PPP. > > > > I searched on linuxdevices.com and google but simply can't find a device > > simple and cheap enough to match my needs. There are too many out there... > > > > Thanks for any response! > > Udo
Another solution would be the "ARM Industrial Module AIM 711", which is running eCos as OS. It has one ethernet and a serial interface. Look at http://www.visionsystems.de/arm7.html for further informations. Best regards, Roland
Reply by Carsten October 1, 20042004-10-01
>http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html >http://openwrt.org/ > >Cant find it right now, but I seem to recall that 2*RS232 was >available on the inside of the box, not as external connectors.
On the WRT54G V2 there is 2 ttl level Serial ports inside , all you need to add is the MAX232 (233) , they are on pcb board on an unpopulated plug , 2x5 pins like a jtag plug (needs to be soldered in also). It contains a 200Mhz MIPS , but no means of interfacing a disk or Flashcard Carsten
Reply by Bob McConnell September 30, 20042004-09-30
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:23:22 -0500, Udo Giacomozzi
<udo.news@nova-sys.net> wrote:

>Hello everybody, > >can somebody suggest me a embedded linux module with RS232 and Ethernet >interfaces? Not much more is needed. > >The RS232 interace is used to attach a GPRS modem module. > >I want to use one of the following configurations: > >1 - FTP server for the ethernet side, upload then via GPRS to another FTP >server > >or: > >2 - daemon that loads a FTP file from the ethernet side and then uploads it >via GPRS > >As you see, that should be a Ethernet<->RS232 gateway for a ethernet client >that doesn't understand PPP. > >I searched on linuxdevices.com and google but simply can't find a device >simple and cheap enough to match my needs. There are too many out there... > >Thanks for any response! >Udo
Digi ConnectME, also now available in a WiFi version. Bob McConnell N2SPP
Reply by Michael Schmid September 30, 20042004-09-30

Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Hello everybody, > > can somebody suggest me a embedded linux module with RS232 and Ethernet > interfaces? Not much more is needed. > > The RS232 interace is used to attach a GPRS modem module. > > I want to use one of the following configurations: > > 1 - FTP server for the ethernet side, upload then via GPRS to another FTP > server > > or: > > 2 - daemon that loads a FTP file from the ethernet side and then uploads it > via GPRS > > As you see, that should be a Ethernet<->RS232 gateway for a ethernet client > that doesn't understand PPP. > > I searched on linuxdevices.com and google but simply can't find a device > simple and cheap enough to match my needs. There are too many out there... > > Thanks for any response! > Udo
-- Notice: If You want to send me an E-Mail please remove the abc and xyz from my address.
Reply by Joop September 29, 20042004-09-29
Perhaps the linksys routers are something for you.

http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html
http://openwrt.org/

Cant find it right now, but I seem to recall that 2*RS232 was
available on the inside of the box, not as external connectors.

Joop
Reply by Robert Kaiser September 29, 20042004-09-29
In article <Xns9573747A3D1C4udonewnovasysnet@216.196.109.145>,
	Udo Giacomozzi <udo.news@nova-sys.net> writes:
> Udo Giacomozzi <udo.news@nova-sys.net> wrote in > news:Xns957373DB2F975udonewnovasysnet@216.196.109.145: >> can somebody suggest me a embedded linux module with RS232 and >> Ethernet interfaces? Not much more is needed. > > Just to make it clear: I just need a linux embedded module with a linux > system pre-installed. The application software would be written by me...
http://www.dilnetpc.com Rob -- Robert Kaiser email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com SYSGO AG http://www.elinos.com Klein-Winternheim / Germany http://www.sysgo.com
Reply by September 29, 20042004-09-29
:

http://developer.axis.com/products/axis_83/index.html

--
  Never ever underestimate the power of human stupidity.
  -Robert Anson Heinlein

		GeirFRS@INVALID.and.so.forth
Reply by Udo Giacomozzi September 29, 20042004-09-29
Udo Giacomozzi <udo.news@nova-sys.net> wrote in
> can somebody suggest me a embedded linux module with RS232 and > Ethernet interfaces? Not much more is needed.
Just to make it clear: I just need a linux embedded module with a linux system pre-installed. The application software would be written by me... Udo