Reply by Urs Beeli September 28, 20042004-09-28
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:45:10 +0200, Jan Homuth wrote:

> > I am trying to identify what type and revision of the Infineon C16x > > processor family my software is running on. I am reading the IDCHIP > > register which according to the infineon docs returns an 8 bit > > CHIPID and another 8 bit revision number.
> I would recommend to download the user manuals of the individual > derivatives,
Thanks, other responses also confirm my initial suspicion that I will have to go the data sheets of each controller.
> Also have a look at the X167 User Manual v3.1: Chapter 14 The Bootstrap > loader. > > 55 H : 8xC166. > A5 H : Previous versions of the C167 (obsolete). > B5 H : Previous versions of the C165. > C5 H : C167 derivatives. > D5 H : All devices equipped with identification registers.
Alas, I will need to determine the chip type at run-time and not during the boot load sequence.
> The C167 documentation does not contain an entry for the IDHIP SFR.
Unfortunately this is something I have also discovered. I'll have to see how to work around this... Thanks for your help /urs -- "Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine." -- Urs Beeli
Reply by Urs Beeli September 28, 20042004-09-28
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:23:36 +1200, Tim Simpson wrote
> "Urs Beeli" wrote in message > news:slrnclg71h.o0i.usenet@stinky.trash.net... > > > I am trying to identify what type and revision of the Infineon C16x > > processor family my software is running on. I am reading the IDCHIP > > register which according to the infineon docs returns an 8 bit > > CHIPID and another 8 bit revision number. > > > > Does anyone here know where such a list might be found on the web? > > Here is a partial list
[snipped] Thanks for the IDs you listed, some I have also harvested from the data sheets, some I had not yet found.
> All the above information was extracted from infineon/ST's chip > data sheets. This list is incomplete, but you can find what you > need from infineon's datasheets (http://www.infineon.com).
That I realised but had hoped that maybe a complete list existed somewhere so I would not need to go through dozens of data sheets. Well, anyway, thanks for your help and for confirming my suspicion :-) /urs -- "Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine." -- Urs Beeli
Reply by Tim Simpson September 27, 20042004-09-27
"Urs Beeli" <usenet_SPAM_POISON@REMOVE.ursbeeli.ch> wrote in message

> I am trying to identify what type and revision of the Infineon C16x > processor family my software is running on. I am reading the IDCHIP > register which according to the infineon docs returns an 8 bit > CHIPID and another 8 bit revision number. > > I have searched the infineo website and googled all over the place > but have not found any place where there is a conclusive list with > CHIPID values that infineon used in their C16x family. In some > data and errata sheets I have found the values for some specific > controllers but I need a list for all major versions in the C16x > family. > > Does anyone here know where such a list might be found on the web?
Here is a partial list IDMANUF Infineon 0xc1 << 5 (0x1820) STmicroelectronics 0x20 << 5 (0x0401) IDCHIP C161PI 0x09xx C161K/O 0x05xx C161U 0x06xx ST10F168 0xA8xx C167CR no IDCHIP register ST10F167 no IDCHIP register C167CS 0x0Cxx ST10F280 0x118x ST10R172/ST10R272 0x1101 ST10F269 0x10Dx Note that the lower nibble of the IDCHIP register is the device revision identifier. All the above information was extracted from infineon/ST's chip data sheets. This list is incomplete, but you can find what you need from infineon's datasheets (http://www.infineon.com). -- Tim Simpson, Design Engineer http://embedded101.blogspot.com
Reply by Jan Homuth September 27, 20042004-09-27
Urs,
I would recommend to download the user manuals of the individual
derivatives,

Also have a look at the X167 User Manual v3.1: Chapter 14 The Bootstrap
loader.

"This identification byte identifies the device to be booted. The following
codes are
defined:
55 H : 8xC166.
A5 H : Previous versions of the C167 (obsolete).
B5 H : Previous versions of the C165.
C5 H : C167 derivatives.
D5 H : All devices equipped with identification registers.
Note: The identification byte D5 H does not directly identify a specific
derivative. This
information can in this case be obtained from the identification registers."

The C167 documentation does not contain an entry for the IDHIP SFR.
The XC16x documentation however does.

Is looks as if this SFR ways introduced with the XC16x V2 core.

--
with kind regards

/jan

Urs Beeli <usenet_SPAM_POISON@REMOVE.ursbeeli.ch> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
slrnclg71h.o0i.usenet@stinky.trash.net...
> Hi everyone > > I am trying to identify what type and revision of the Infineon C16x > processor family my software is running on. I am reading the IDCHIP > register which according to the infineon docs returns an 8 bit > CHIPID and another 8 bit revision number. > > I have searched the infineo website and googled all over the place > but have not found any place where there is a conclusive list with > CHIPID values that infineon used in their C16x family. In some > data and errata sheets I have found the values for some specific > controllers but I need a list for all major versions in the C16x > family. > > Does anyone here know where such a list might be found on the web? > > Thanks for your help > /urs > > -- > "Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine." > -- Urs Beeli
Reply by Urs Beeli September 27, 20042004-09-27