Reply by Jim Granville September 8, 20072007-09-08
Hul Tytus wrote:
> comp.arch.embedded > Atmel atiny11 internal clock range > > Has anyone seen a min/max spec. for Atmel's atiny11? The documentation here is dated 07/06, presumably june, 2006 and states only 1 megcps; no range, no thermal coeficient.
What did you expect ?. This is a first generation device, and at a bottom-feeder/consumer price. Testing time is expensive; if you want Min/Max guarantees, you will need to pay more to get that. -jg
Reply by September 7, 20072007-09-07
Thanks Kevin. A look at the graph shows why it's a graph & not a formal
specification. Atmel's documentation can be a bit vague at times.

Hul

kevin93 <kevin@whitedigs.com> wrote:
> On Sep 7, 2:07 pm, Hul Tytus <h...@panix.com> wrote: > > comp.arch.embedded > > Atmel atiny11 internal clock range > > > > Has anyone seen a min/max spec. for Atmel's atiny11? The documentation here is dated 07/06, presumably june, 2006 and states only 1 megcps; no range, no thermal coeficient. > > > > Hul
> See page 69 - for the ATTiny11 the watchdog oscillator is used when > you select internal clocking.
> kevin
Reply by September 7, 20072007-09-07
Jim - thanks. I had thought maybe you were writing a magazine article.

Concerning the atiny11b, will the change cause you any major reworking?

Hul

Jim Stewart <jstewart@jkmicro.com> wrote:
> dr@kbrx.com wrote: > > Jim - I've missed your meaning. What do you mean by "first article with > > digikey" and "preprogrammed atiny11".
> I did a new design last month using the > ATTINY11. I don't want to program thousands > of ATTINY11's at my desk so I sent the hex > code to digikey so they could program them > for me. They happily did that, sending me > a "first article" to approve. One month > later, they told my purchasing lady that > the ATTINY11 was obsolete.
> A "first article" is the first copy of > a custom or fabricated device that is sent > to the designer so that he/she can verify > that it meets specification.
> > Hul > > > > Jim Stewart <jstewart@jkmicro.com> wrote: > >> Hul Tytus wrote: > >>> comp.arch.embedded Atmel atiny11 internal clock range > >>> > >>> Has anyone seen a min/max spec. for Atmel's atiny11? The > >>> documentation here is dated 07/06, presumably june, 2006 and states > >>> only 1 megcps; no range, no thermal coeficient. > > > >> Can't speak to that. If you're > >> working on a new design, be aware > >> that the ATTINY11 appears to be > >> going obsolete. After doing a first > >> article with Digikey last month for > >> a preprogrammed ATTINY11, they told > >> me that I had to convert to the > >> ATTINY11B. > >
Reply by Jim Stewart September 7, 20072007-09-07

Hul Tytus wrote:
> comp.arch.embedded Atmel atiny11 internal clock range > > Has anyone seen a min/max spec. for Atmel's atiny11? The > documentation here is dated 07/06, presumably june, 2006 and states > only 1 megcps; no range, no thermal coeficient.
Can't speak to that. If you're working on a new design, be aware that the ATTINY11 appears to be going obsolete. After doing a first article with Digikey last month for a preprogrammed ATTINY11, they told me that I had to convert to the ATTINY11B.
Reply by kevin93 September 7, 20072007-09-07
On Sep 7, 2:07 pm, Hul Tytus <h...@panix.com> wrote:
> comp.arch.embedded > Atmel atiny11 internal clock range > > Has anyone seen a min/max spec. for Atmel's atiny11? The documentation here is dated 07/06, presumably june, 2006 and states only 1 megcps; no range, no thermal coeficient. > > Hul
See page 69 - for the ATTiny11 the watchdog oscillator is used when you select internal clocking. kevin
Reply by Hul Tytus September 7, 20072007-09-07