Reply by CBFalconer September 16, 20072007-09-16
"Joe G (Home)" wrote: *** and top-posted.  Fixed ***
> <bluekeysteam@gmail.com> wrote in message: >> >> We're a team of engineers working towards operating an automotive >> security and operation system using an encoded bluetooth signal >> that are having some simple troubles getting our main components >> to work. Thus far work has been done (starting today) on >> interfacing the P89LPC932 on an Keil MCB900 v4 with an LCD. We >> obtained an LCD interface for our 40x2 LCD by going here: >> >> http://www.latke.net/lcd/ >> >> and modifying it a little bit to suit our purposes. Our main.c >> currently compiles (even though there are a few subroutines in >> the driver that are not used). All we're trying to do is write a >> string to an LCD right now. And I'm not sure if the program isn't >> working or I'm having hardware issues. Are there any particular >> jumper settings that need to be in place for the >> programming/execution phases. Our code can be found here: >> >> http://mross462.googlepages.com/code >> >> I just want to know what's going on and if I'm doing things right. > > Lets label P89LPC932 = LPC932 > > a) 3volt micro with 5volt LCD > LPC932 (CMOS logic) has Vdd betwen 2.4v and 3.6v AND most LCD's > are 5volt CMOS Logic). > > If the Vdd_LCD = 5volt and Vdd_LPC932 =3.3v the output of LPC932 > is not enough to product a logic high on the LCD inputs. > > If Vdd_LCD = 3.3v then there will be a problem as the LCD Glass is > adjusted for 5v. > > b) 5volt LCD test. If you make Vdd_LCD = 5V and Vss_LCD (GND) = > )volt and V_LCD_contrast = )volt ..... then a strip of LCD > Characters should be on ir [] same as character 0x0FF.
This seems to have suffered from typos. Unchanged.
> > c) Also the LPC932 is a 2 clock cycle device - AND the "standard" > 80c51's micro's are 12 clock cycles ==> Hence any delay loops need > to be 6x longer to achieve the same delay time. > > d) LPC932 GPIO is default INPUT (hi-Impedance output) NOT > Quasi-Bidirectional like "standard" 80c51 > > All of these factors need to be taken in to account.
Seems like a useful GP summary and set of check points. However the top-posting seriously harms its utility. Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant material. I fixed this one. See the following links: -- <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> <http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html> <http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html> <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> (taming google) <http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/> (newusers) -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
Reply by Joe G (Home) September 16, 20072007-09-16
Hi ,

[...]

Joe

> Hello all, > > We're a team of engineers working towards operating an automotive > security and operation system using an encoded bluetooth signal that > are having some simple troubles getting our main components to work. > Thus far work has been done (starting today) on interfacing the > P89LPC932 on an Keil MCB900 v4 with an LCD. We obtained an LCD > interface for our 40x2 LCD by going here: > > http://www.latke.net/lcd/ > > and modifying it a little bit to suit our purposes. Our main.c > currently compiles (even though there are a few subroutines in the > driver that are not used). All we're trying to do is write a string to > an LCD right now. And I'm not sure if the program isn't working or > I'm having hardware issues. Are there any particular jumper settings > that need to be in place for the programming/execution phases. Our > code can be found here: > > http://mross462.googlepages.com/code > > I just want to know what's going on and if I'm doing things right. > > Thanks, > > M. Ross > Bluekeys Team >
Reply by September 14, 20072007-09-14