Reply by CBFalconer October 3, 20072007-10-03
milo_00 wrote: *** and deleted attributions - fixed ***
> linnix wrote: >> "milo_00" <david_mcintyr...@hotmail.com> wrote: >> >>> i am trying to get to program atmel's arm side of things but i >>> think i may have to save for the mk2 of jtagice so that i can do >>> this but in the meantime i will use a wiggler clone device for >>> doing this till i can afford the massive price of the programmer >>> if you could recommend me a programmer debugger it would be >>> muchly appreciated ... >> >> You might want to invest in a few "," and "." in your paragraph. > > thank you linnix but this does not solve any problems but my > grammarcan we please stay on the subject .
Linnix is being helpful. When your message is a jumbled mess many readers will simply skip it. Adequate grammer and spelling (such things as capital I for the first person pronoun) will help greatly. Also please do not delete attributions for material you quote. -- Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net) Available for consulting/temporary embedded and systems. <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net> -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
Reply by milo_00 October 3, 20072007-10-03
>On Oct 1, 3:39 pm, "Amontec, Larry" <laurent.ga...@ANTI- >SPAMamontec.com> wrote: >> Uwe Bonnes wrote: >> > Amontec, Larry <laurent.ga...@anti-spamamontec.com> wrote: >> >> >>Have a look atwww.amontec.comand the JTAGkey. >> > >--off topic --sorry-- >Larry, >Can "chameleon POD" be used for powerpc debugging /on board flash >programming? >Does it work with USB-Parallel port emulators? >Is it supported >When do you think usb version (usbiplatform) is going to be ready ? > >thanks > >
larry , thanks for the sugestion for a programmer . i will look into getting this instead of the jtagice mk2, but it is more exspencive to send it to australia than it is to buy. i will have to see if i can find it available in Australia. thnak you again
Reply by milo_00 October 3, 20072007-10-03
>On Sep 30, 2:26 pm, "milo_00" <david_mcintyr...@hotmail.com> wrote: >> i am trying to get to program atmel's arm side of things but i think i
may
>> have to save for the mk2 of jtagice so that i can do this but in the >> meantime i will use a wiggler clone device for doing this till i can >> afford the massive price of the programmer if you could recommend me a >> programmer debugger it would be muchly appreciated ... >> >> thanks >> >> milo_00 >> >> PS a Design for the wiggler clone could i be pointed in the right >> direction > >You might want to invest in a few "," and "." in your paragraph. > > >For example: > > >
thank you linnix but this does not solve any problems but my grammarcan we please stay on the subject .
Reply by tesla October 2, 20072007-10-02
SPAMamontec.com> wrote:
> Uwe Bonnes wrote: > > Amontec, Larry <laurent.ga...@anti-spamamontec.com> wrote: > > >>Have a look atwww.amontec.comand the JTAGkey. >
--off topic --sorry-- Larry, Can "chameleon POD" be used for powerpc debugging /on board flash programming? Does it work with USB-Parallel port emulators? Is it supported When do you think usb version (usbiplatform) is going to be ready ? thanks
Reply by Amontec, Larry October 1, 20072007-10-01
Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Amontec, Larry <laurent.gauch@anti-spamamontec.com> wrote: > > >>Have a look at www.amontec.com and the JTAGkey. > > >>Nice tool for : > > .. > >> - AVR programming > > > Is there a way to programm AVRs via JTAG with the JTAGkey?
Yes, using Atmel avrsvf and Amontec amtsvfplayer (SVF Player). From your .hex, could be scripted as: avrsvf.exe your_avr_program.hex amtsvfplayer.exe -svffile your_avr_program.svf Note: The Amontec SVF Player accept RELATIVE scans to ABSOLUTE scans easy migration. Example : you build your relative .svf file from the avrsvf, then you insert this relative .svf in an multi-device JTAG chain. For this, please use: Example for a JTAG chain like: JTAGkey TDI -> coolrunner -> coolrunner -> avr -> coolrunner -> JTAGkey TDO amtsvfplayer.exe -svfFile your_avr_program.svf -headerTapNum 1 -headerIRLength 5 -trailerTapNum 2 -trailerIRLength 10 Note: our amtsvfplayer comes as a free open project, in the goal to give a concret example of the how-to-use the amtxhal (Amontec Hardware Abstraction Layer) amtxhal comes for - Windows, - Linux and - GYGWIN under Windows - MinGW/MSYS Works great and really fast (faster than many other USB full-speed JTAG interfaces) More from http://www.amontec.com We are working on the integration of amtxhal (JTAGkey) in AVRUDE tools. Laurent
Reply by Uwe Bonnes October 1, 20072007-10-01
Amontec, Larry <laurent.gauch@anti-spamamontec.com> wrote:

> Have a look at www.amontec.com and the JTAGkey.
> Nice tool for :
..
Is there a way to programm AVRs via JTAG with the JTAGkey? -- Uwe Bonnes bon@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------
milo_00 wrote:
> i am trying to get to program atmel's arm side of things but i think i may > have to save for the mk2 of jtagice so that i can do this but in the > meantime i will use a wiggler clone device for doing this till i can > afford the massive price of the programmer if you could recommend me a > programmer debugger it would be muchly appreciated ... > > thanks > > milo_00 > > PS a Design for the wiggler clone could i be pointed in the right > direction
Have a look at www.amontec.com and the JTAGkey. Nice tool for : - ARM debugging with OpenOCD and Rowley Crossworks - Flash Programming - AVR programming - Altera FPGA / CPLD programming - Lattice FPGA / CPLD programming - Xilinx FPGA / CPLD programming JTagkey is faster : 450ms to programm a Spartan2 200 via JTAG. The JTAGkey knows auto-sense of the JTAG IO port from 1.4V to 5.5V !
Reply by linnix September 30, 20072007-09-30
On Sep 30, 2:26 pm, "milo_00" <david_mcintyr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> i am trying to get to program atmel's arm side of things but i think i may > have to save for the mk2 of jtagice so that i can do this but in the > meantime i will use a wiggler clone device for doing this till i can > afford the massive price of the programmer if you could recommend me a > programmer debugger it would be muchly appreciated ... > > thanks > > milo_00 > > PS a Design for the wiggler clone could i be pointed in the right > direction
You might want to invest in a few "," and "." in your paragraph. For example:
Reply by larwe September 30, 20072007-09-30
On Sep 30, 5:26 pm, "milo_00" <david_mcintyr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> i am trying to get to program atmel's arm side of things but i think i may > have to save for the mk2 of jtagice so that i can do this but in the
Look at Olimex's JTAG adapter. Also look at Rowley's low-cost ARM USB JTAG pod.
Reply by milo_00 September 30, 20072007-09-30