Reply by Ulf Samuelsson October 3, 20072007-10-03
"kert" <kaidokert@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
On Oct 3, 8:55 pm, Frank-Christian Kruegel <dontmai...@news.invalid>
wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 16:05:25 -0000, kert <kaidok...@gmail.com> wrote: > >And, AT91 series. Again, very widely available, popular chip. No > >integrated LCD i/f. > > Wrong: > AT91SAM9263http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/product_card.asp?part_id=4056 > > Mit freundlichen Gr&#4294967295;&#4294967295;en > > Frank-Christian Kr&#4294967295;gel
For the love of god, i dont understand how this slipped my radar. I know i looked at full range of Atmel ARMs but somehow discounted SAM92xx series early on , i dont know what i was thinking. Its a fairly new part though, doesnt seem like there are many vendors with devkits out yet, neither is there oob support there from eCos/ RTEMS/FreeRTOS, but thats not a big obstacle. Good suggestion, thanks. -kert The peripheral set of the AT91 series is fairly standardized so if you have at least one supported, it is a piece of cake to have another (like the SAM9263) supported. -- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by kert October 3, 20072007-10-03
> hi, > > Heres a completely novel question : which ARM9 chip ? ;) > > Ok, just kidding. What i am really looking for is a bit of advice > amongst my fairly limited choices. > > First, i need a chip for an application, that is as integrated as > possible ( who doesnt ? ) and the app needs Ethernet, ARM9 > 100mhz > ( i really wish i could run on ARM7 but i cant ) and an LCD. Seems > like an easy task, but after days of digging on the net i am still not > sure on purchase desicions. > The SOC chips that i have come up with are: > Cirrus EP9307 ( thats EP9315 sans IDE & PCMCIA ), has ethernet, LCD > Sharp LH7A404, also ethernet, LCD. For some reason the chip is like > $10 more expensive. why ? > Samsung S3C2440X is a good candidate, but no Eth MAC on chip. > And of course Atmel AT91RM9200, but no LCD on chip. Cant have them > all, canyou ? >
AT91SAM9263 should do the job.
> The EP9307 devkits are really hard to come by, most vendors have > EP9315. I guess, for development it doesnt matter as long as i dont > use any of the extra features.
> Unfortunately, popular free RTOSes like eCos and RTEMS dont support it > out of the box, and i really would like a small footprint. I didnt > notice any common commercial RTOS support it either.
You can get Green Hills Integrity for the AT91SAM9263. Since FreeRTOS supports the AT91SAM7X, it should be aminor deal to have that run the AT91SAM9263. The peripherals are the same, just different addresses, and an ARM9 has a slightly different setup. Have no clue abotu eCos or RTEMS
> LH7A4xx is a puzzle. Why is it so much more expensive ? > S3C looks like a real good chip, plenty of different dev hardware and > OS software to choose from, but lack of on chip ethernet. > And, AT91 series. Again, very widely available, popular chip. No > integrated LCD i/f. > > Where would one get the EP9307/15 devkit from, that has reasonable > support ? > > Also, what dev tool suite ? > I have RealView compilers and debuggers available, also ICD. Have > access to lauterbach, and of course full range of GNU based tools. > Some RTOS vendors seem to be really tied to IAR, is it worth it over > RealView ? > > anything you can comment on, chime in please. > thanks in advance, > -kert >
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by Ulf Samuelsson October 3, 20072007-10-03
"kert" <kaidokert@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> hi, > > Heres a completely novel question : which ARM9 chip ? ;) > > Ok, just kidding. What i am really looking for is a bit of advice > amongst my fairly limited choices. > > First, i need a chip for an application, that is as integrated as > possible ( who doesnt ? ) and the app needs Ethernet, ARM9 > 100mhz > ( i really wish i could run on ARM7 but i cant ) and an LCD. Seems > like an easy task, but after days of digging on the net i am still not > sure on purchase desicions. > The SOC chips that i have come up with are: > Cirrus EP9307 ( thats EP9315 sans IDE & PCMCIA ), has ethernet, LCD > Sharp LH7A404, also ethernet, LCD. For some reason the chip is like > $10 more expensive. why ? > Samsung S3C2440X is a good candidate, but no Eth MAC on chip. > And of course Atmel AT91RM9200, but no LCD on chip. Cant have them > all, canyou ? >
Ethernet, ARM9 > 100mhz and an LCD
> The EP9307 devkits are really hard to come by, most vendors have > EP9315. I guess, for development it doesnt matter as long as i dont > use any of the extra features. > Unfortunately, popular free RTOSes like eCos and RTEMS dont support it > out of the box, and i really would like a small footprint. I didnt > notice any common commercial RTOS support it either. > LH7A4xx is a puzzle. Why is it so much more expensive ? > S3C looks like a real good chip, plenty of different dev hardware and > OS software to choose from, but lack of on chip ethernet. > And, AT91 series. Again, very widely available, popular chip. No > integrated LCD i/f. > > Where would one get the EP9307/15 devkit from, that has reasonable > support ? > > Also, what dev tool suite ? > I have RealView compilers and debuggers available, also ICD. Have > access to lauterbach, and of course full range of GNU based tools. > Some RTOS vendors seem to be really tied to IAR, is it worth it over > RealView ? > > anything you can comment on, chime in please. > thanks in advance, > -kert >
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB
Reply by Frank-Christian Kruegel October 3, 20072007-10-03