Reply by Antoon October 5, 20072007-10-05
"msg" <msg@_cybertheque.org_> schreef in bericht
> larwe wrote: > > > On Oct 4, 8:38 pm, msg <msg@_cybertheque.org_> wrote: > > > > > >>http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/components/cmos_repair.html > > > > > > That page contains absolute links to your X: drive, so the images > > don't load. > > > > Thanks and sorry (I always compose with relative links, not sure > what my editor was doing...). Please try now. > > Michael
It is still not working for me! Antoon
Reply by msg October 4, 20072007-10-04
larwe wrote:

> On Oct 4, 8:38 pm, msg <msg@_cybertheque.org_> wrote: > > >>http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/components/cmos_repair.html > > > That page contains absolute links to your X: drive, so the images > don't load. >
Thanks and sorry (I always compose with relative links, not sure what my editor was doing...). Please try now. Michael
Reply by larwe October 4, 20072007-10-04
On Oct 4, 8:38 pm, msg <msg@_cybertheque.org_> wrote:

> http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/components/cmos_repair.html
That page contains absolute links to your X: drive, so the images don't load.
Reply by msg October 4, 20072007-10-04
Greetings:

A recent thread in this N.G. addressed the issue of dead batteries in
CMOS Clock/Calendar/RAM devices such as the Dallas DS1287, DS12887,
Twinhead TH6887A, and others; some of these devices are no longer
available as new stock and old stock is often also unusable and
for many there are no equivalent replacements.  Surgery to permit
attaching external backup power sources is possible but not documented
(to any searchable degree) on the 'Net.  I describe surgery on the
TH6887A on this page:

http://www.cybertheque.org/homebrew/components/cmos_repair.html

This device employs no external power source for the RAM and clock so
a dead battery means the RAM doesn't appear on the bus and clock
settings are ignored.

Please e-mail me with any data on the internal construction of other
such devices and I will include them on the site.

Regards,

Michael