Reply by Unbeliever September 15, 20042004-09-15
"Neil Kurzman" <nsk@mail.asb.com> wrote in message
> > > John Edwards wrote: > > > I'm looking for the major differences between a communications processor
and
> > an application processor > > in wireless devices. > > > > Can anyone help? > > Most likely the communications processor handles the wireless
communications
> protocols (it requires a bit of processing). the other cpu does whatever
the
> wireless device is suppose to do, the application. > >
Both just names made up by some person, probably the guy who designed the particular product. They aren't generic industry standard names that will mean the same thing in different devices. Cheers, Alf
Reply by Neil Kurzman September 15, 20042004-09-15

John Edwards wrote:

> I'm looking for the major differences between a communications processor and > an application processor > in wireless devices. > > Can anyone help?
Most likely the communications processor handles the wireless communications protocols (it requires a bit of processing). the other cpu does whatever the wireless device is suppose to do, the application.
Reply by John Edwards September 14, 20042004-09-14