Reply by Alex Gibson September 4, 20042004-09-04
"ken" <somewere@out.there> wrote in message
> Does anybody have a copy of Microchip's MPLAB C18 C Compiler or > equivalent. Thanks for any help
why not download the demo version ? Its on the microchip web site.
Reply by George September 2, 20042004-09-02
"Rich Webb" <bbew.ar@mapson.nozirev.ten> wrote in message
> On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:12:06 GMT, ken <somewere@out.there> wrote: > > >Does anybody have a copy of Microchip's MPLAB C18 C Compiler or > >equivalent. Thanks for any help > > Yes, I have one at the office, although it's not updated to the latest > release (frozen for config mgmt). I'd be happy to answer any questions > you may have about it (if I can). > > On the other hand, if this is a "Will you give me a copy of the software > that you paid for?" posting then I invite you to check for the answer at > www.goat.cx (warning -- NOT a work-safe link). > > -- > Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
damn, think maybe that guy has taken it up the butt a few times? sorry, i couldn't resist.... lmao... ;-)
Reply by Paul Burke September 2, 20042004-09-02
ken wrote:

> nice Rich, do you have a copy or not lol > > On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 23:25:26 GMT, Rich Webb > <bbew.ar@mapson.nozirev.ten> wrote:
>>On the other hand, if this is a "Will you give me a copy of the software >>that you paid for?" posting then I invite you to check for the answer at >>www.goat.cx (warning -- NOT a work-safe link). >
Think a moment Ken. comp.arch.embedded- that means most of us here make a living by writing software, often for hardware we have also designed ourselves. That makes us just a leetle bit sensitive to the concept of protecting our intellectual property, and therefore that of others- we don't want our software designs stolen either. And we've paid for our development tools, and don't want to give them away free so that other people can undercut our prices. If you want free tools, there's plenty of GPL open source stuff about. Paul Burke
Reply by ken September 1, 20042004-09-01
nice Rich, do you have a copy or not lol

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 23:25:26 GMT, Rich Webb
<bbew.ar@mapson.nozirev.ten> wrote:

>On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:12:06 GMT, ken <somewere@out.there> wrote: > >>Does anybody have a copy of Microchip's MPLAB C18 C Compiler or >>equivalent. Thanks for any help > >Yes, I have one at the office, although it's not updated to the latest >release (frozen for config mgmt). I'd be happy to answer any questions >you may have about it (if I can). > >On the other hand, if this is a "Will you give me a copy of the software >that you paid for?" posting then I invite you to check for the answer at >www.goat.cx (warning -- NOT a work-safe link).
Reply by Rich Webb September 1, 20042004-09-01