Reply by karthikbalaguru January 10, 20082008-01-10
On Jan 9, 2:45=A0pm, Alex <alogi...@asmpt.com> wrote:
> Hello, > > I am looking for a software program mentioned in the topic of this > message. I want to connect two PCs (one of them is running a developed > embeded software talking to the outside world through RS232, while the > second PC monitors the output from that first PC using null-modem). I > googled this subject before, but it returns mostly shareware/trial/ > demo programs. The freeware products I foyund are not that convenient > after I tried them. I am sure there should be some good monitors > widely used for debugging > > Thanks in advance. >
Many stuffs are available related to your requirement. Checkout, Teraterma and realterm . Karthik Balaguru
Reply by Brian Gaughan January 9, 20082008-01-09
Alex wrote:
> Hello, > > I am looking for a software program mentioned in the topic of this > message. I want to connect two PCs (one of them is running a developed > embeded software talking to the outside world through RS232, while the > second PC monitors the output from that first PC using null-modem). I > googled this subject before, but it returns mostly shareware/trial/ > demo programs. The freeware products I foyund are not that convenient > after I tried them. I am sure there should be some good monitors > widely used for debugging > > Thanks in advance. > > Best, > Alex
Yet another possibility is PuTTY, which provides serial terminal in addition to telnet/ssh. http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/ Brian
Reply by January 9, 20082008-01-09
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 11:11:19 -0500, CBFalconer <cbfalconer@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote: >> AZ Nomad wrote: >> >>>> I am looking for a software program mentioned in the topic of >>>> this message. >>> >>> like hyperterm? (microsoft junk included in windows) >> >> Junk, of course. But it is always available. >> BTW, hyperterm is NOT from M$. (c) Hilgraeve Communications. > >Nit - yes it is. MS bought the distribution rights or something. >It is included on their CDs.
But the Update came from Hilgraeve. -- ArarghMail801 at [drop the 'http://www.' from ->] http://www.arargh.com BCET Basic Compiler Page: http://www.arargh.com/basic/index.html To reply by email, remove the extra stuff from the reply address.
Reply by January 9, 20082008-01-09
Try our mttty download

Works on XP and vista.

Goto our home page ...

www.netburner.com

click on the support menu then the public downloads item....

Its the bottom item in the box of things to download.

(I've asked out web guy to also upload our UDP terminal app so it should be in the same place in the next day or so.)

Paul
CTO NetBurner

Reply by Pete Bergstrom January 9, 20082008-01-09
Moon Shine wrote:

> Lots of crippleware for this out there. I've found nothing that is free that works for XP.
http://ttssh2.sourceforge.jp/
Reply by Grant Edwards January 9, 20082008-01-09
On 2008-01-09, -Giacomo- <"[rimuovi]"@[rimuovi]> wrote:
> Not available on Vista.
Thank god. I wish it had never been included. Then I wouldn't have had to waste so much time proving to people that what they thought were bugs in my stuff were really bugs in hyperterm. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Gee, I feel kind of at LIGHT in the head now, visi.com knowing I can't make my satellite dish PAYMENTS!
Reply by Moon Shine January 9, 20082008-01-09
"AZ Nomad" <aznomad.2@PremoveOBthisOX.COM> wrote in message =
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:40:45 GMT, -Giacomo- <"[rimuovi]"@[rimuovi]> =
wrote:
>=20 >>> >>> Junk, of course. But it is always available. >>> >>Not available on Vista. If you care.. > How stupid. Microsoft could have simply said that they won't support =
it and
> included it anyway. I guess having room for dancing search bunnies =
was more
> important.
Lots of crippleware for this out there. I've found nothing that is free = that works for XP. Only one I've seen that works and is totally free is rs232107.zip. But = its dos based. Its in lots of places. This site might work. http://shareware.pcmag.com/product.php%5Bid%5D455%5Bcid%5D169%5BSiteID%5D= pcmag
Reply by AZ Nomad January 9, 20082008-01-09

How stupid. Microsoft could have simply said that they won't support it and included it anyway. I guess having room for dancing search bunnies was more important.
Reply by CBFalconer January 9, 20082008-01-09
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:
> AZ Nomad wrote: > >>> I am looking for a software program mentioned in the topic of >>> this message. >> >> like hyperterm? (microsoft junk included in windows) > > Junk, of course. But it is always available. > BTW, hyperterm is NOT from M$. (c) Hilgraeve Communications.
Reply by -Giacomo- January 9, 20082008-01-09