Reply by hamilton September 6, 20042004-09-06

Alb Beta wrote:
> Even an old Ericsson T10 has this capability.
>Wing Wong. >Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au In .au maybe, but not in the USA.
Reply by Wing Fong Wong September 6, 20042004-09-06
Colin MacDougall wrote:
> > I think the US does have some GSM coverage. Have a look > at the countries listed here > > http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml > the US is included ! But I don't think the coverage > is a wide yet as it is here in Europe. > > Colin > >
Thanks for the info and link. My research has shown that dealers here in the US do not have phones that will send SMS via a serial cable. I have been told thats not allowed in this country. I was told by T-MOBLE that the FCC does not allow it. I believe that the carriers don't allow it. But who really knows, and which phones have this capability ?? Thanks again hamilton
Reply by Colin MacDougall September 5, 20042004-09-05
"hamilton" <hamilton@deminsional.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the response. > > I guess we here in the US are still in the dark ages. > > Alex Gibson wrote: >> "hamilton" <hamilton@deminsional.com> wrote in message >> news:4137ce06$1_1@omega.dimensional.com... >> >>>Are these GSM devices available in the US ?? >>> >>> >> >> >> No idea, I'm not in the US. >> >> Alex >
I think the US does have some GSM coverage. Have a look at the countries listed here > http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml the US is included ! But I don't think the coverage is a wide yet as it is here in Europe. Colin
Reply by hamilton September 5, 20042004-09-05

Alex Gibson wrote:
> "hamilton" <hamilton@deminsional.com> wrote in message > news:4137ce06$1_1@omega.dimensional.com... > >>Are these GSM devices available in the US ?? >> >> > > > No idea, I'm not in the US. > > Alex > >
Reply by Alex Gibson September 5, 20042004-09-05
"hamilton" <hamilton@deminsional.com> wrote in message
> Are these GSM devices available in the US ?? > >
No idea, I'm not in the US. Alex
Reply by hamilton September 2, 20042004-09-02
Are these GSM devices available in the US ??

Reply by Alex Gibson September 1, 20042004-09-01
"Colin MacDougall" <colin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi, > > I am currently looking in to a project to use a microcontroller > to send SMS type text messages to a GSM cellular phone. I have > thought about using either a Nokia phone attached to the micro > through the Nokia FBus interface or a GSM modem device. > What would be the easiest in terms of software writing and > is there any web resources on doing this kind of thing ? > > TIA, Colin >
There was something very similar in one of the Atmel journals for the avr. Alex
Reply by Mark Piffer September 1, 20042004-09-01
"Colin MacDougall" <colin@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<y6qYc.1121$Lt6.13294782@news-text.cableinet.net>...
> Hi, > > I am currently looking in to a project to use a microcontroller > to send SMS type text messages to a GSM cellular phone. I have > thought about using either a Nokia phone attached to the micro > through the Nokia FBus interface or a GSM modem device. > What would be the easiest in terms of software writing and > is there any web resources on doing this kind of thing ? > > TIA, Colin
Hi Colin, without wanting to take the fun out of your work, maybe the gadget you want to build was already invented, like e.g. this one: http://www.resi.cc/products/resi-sms-guard/index.php3?language=english regards, Mark
Reply by Colin MacDougall August 31, 20042004-08-31
Thanks Dave, this is the kind of
info I was looking for.

Colin