Reply by February 26, 20082008-02-26
I got the silRTOS source using link given by info@silcomm.com.

On Feb 21, 2:02=A0pm, "FreeRTOS.org" <noem...@given.com> wrote:
> <paul...@yahoo.com> wrote in message > > news:36fa6122-bc1d-480c-b3d2-830e1980bd8f@71g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > > >I was looking for low footprint RTOS (with minimal capability of > > Message Q, semaphore, memory mgmt, few tasks & interrupts) and found > > silRTOS fits for my budget size(<6KB). Also I heard that it is free > > for commercial usage, which made me to go about it. Now I want to port > > silRTOS on ARM9. Does anyone has ARM port for silRTOS or can anyone > > help me in reference for porting on ARM? > > I'd never heard of silRTOS so am interested to see what it is like. =A0I f=
ound
> it through Google but download link is broken. > > Did you consider FreeRTOS.org? > > -- > Regards, > Richard. > > +http://www.FreeRTOS.org&http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop > 14 official architecture ports, 5000 downloads per month. > > +http://www.SafeRTOS.com > Certified by T=DCV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.=
Reply by FreeRTOS.org February 22, 20082008-02-22
> Atmel AT91SAM7S256.... using the AT91SAM7S64 stuff > > in the context load for ARM, is it not 'incorrect' to load R0-R14 in the > context switch since your using SUB PC [LR -#4]
No.
> The stacks for the tasks all have pattern data in R0-R14 prior to first > run. I changed it to [LR-#13] to leave the link register alone [R14] and > the return worked correctly.
The pattern data in R0 to R14 are placed in the User mode stack by code running in Supervisor mode. Two different LR registers are being used.
>Am I missing something?
Yes - probably you are not calling main() from Supervisor mode (or at least switching to Supervisor mode prior to starting the scheduler). This is a very common mistake, hence the comments warning you of this in the code, and the notes in red text on the documentation pages, and the FAQ :o) -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org & http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop 16 official architecture ports, 5000 downloads per month. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com Certified by T&#4294967295;V as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
Reply by Gene February 21, 20082008-02-21
Speaking of FreeRTOS

Atmel AT91SAM7S256.... using the AT91SAM7S64 stuff

in the context load for ARM, is it not 'incorrect' to load R0-R14 in the
context switch since your using SUB PC [LR -#4]

The stacks for the tasks all have pattern data in R0-R14 prior to first run.
I changed it to [LR-#13] to leave the link register alone [R14] and the
return worked correctly. Am I missing something?

"FreeRTOS.org" <noemail@given.com> wrote in message
> <pauld95@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:36fa6122-bc1d-480c-b3d2-830e1980bd8f@71g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >>I was looking for low footprint RTOS (with minimal capability of >> Message Q, semaphore, memory mgmt, few tasks & interrupts) and found >> silRTOS fits for my budget size(<6KB). Also I heard that it is free >> for commercial usage, which made me to go about it. Now I want to port >> silRTOS on ARM9. Does anyone has ARM port for silRTOS or can anyone >> help me in reference for porting on ARM? > > I'd never heard of silRTOS so am interested to see what it is like. I > found it through Google but download link is broken. > > Did you consider FreeRTOS.org? > > -- > Regards, > Richard. > > + http://www.FreeRTOS.org & http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop > 14 official architecture ports, 5000 downloads per month. > > + http://www.SafeRTOS.com > Certified by T&#4294967295;V as meeting the requirements for safety related systems. >
Reply by FreeRTOS.org February 21, 20082008-02-21
<pauld95@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I was looking for low footprint RTOS (with minimal capability of > Message Q, semaphore, memory mgmt, few tasks & interrupts) and found > silRTOS fits for my budget size(<6KB). Also I heard that it is free > for commercial usage, which made me to go about it. Now I want to port > silRTOS on ARM9. Does anyone has ARM port for silRTOS or can anyone > help me in reference for porting on ARM?
I'd never heard of silRTOS so am interested to see what it is like. I found it through Google but download link is broken. Did you consider FreeRTOS.org? -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org & http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop 14 official architecture ports, 5000 downloads per month. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com Certified by T&#4294967295;V as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
Reply by badal_akr February 21, 20082008-02-21
>I was looking for low footprint RTOS (with minimal capability of >Message Q, semaphore, memory mgmt, few tasks & interrupts) and found >silRTOS fits for my budget size(<6KB). Also I heard that it is free >for commercial usage, which made me to go about it. Now I want to port >silRTOS on ARM9. Does anyone has ARM port for silRTOS or can anyone >help me in reference for porting on ARM? >
Hi i guess the first thing that you have to do is implement a interrupt timer. Which will be utilized for sechduling and other timing pupose. Have you compiled silRTOS for the ARM9? Is it a C code? Do u have boot loader ready?
Reply by February 21, 20082008-02-21