Reply by Vladimir Vassilevsky May 8, 20082008-05-08

Lanarcam wrote:
> hectorhg wrote: > >>> Dear friends, >>> >>> Can anyone give a clear explanation about the role of >>> firmware engineer in embedded field. > > > Thoughts could be compared to programs or to logical equations, > neurones to logic gates. > > General purpose software would be conscious thoughts born > in the neo-cortex, embedded software would be primitive > emotions or instinctive behaviour stemming from the > inner brain. > > But who would be the engineer?
An arse, perhaps? VLV
Reply by Lanarcam May 8, 20082008-05-08
hectorhg wrote:
>> Dear friends, >> >> Can anyone give a clear explanation about the role of
>> firmware engineer in embedded field.
>> > I would compare it with human body, imaging HW are its bones and muscle, > and firmware is its brain. Firmware engineer it what makes its brain work > properly and efficiently ^^.
Following your idea, I would say that neurones and synapses are the hardware and that thoughts are the software. Thoughts could be compared to programs or to logical equations, neurones to logic gates. General purpose software would be conscious thoughts born in the neo-cortex, embedded software would be primitive emotions or instinctive behaviour stemming from the inner brain. But who would be the engineer?
Reply by Chris H May 8, 20082008-05-08
In message <RO6dnYIX6Yd7W7_VnZ2dnUVZ_ternZ2d@giganews.com>, hectorhg
<hectorhg@sidsa.es> writes
>>Dear friends, >> >>Can anyone give a clear explanation about the role of firmware engineer >in >>embedded field. >> >>Thanks and regards >> > >Hi, > > I would compare it with human body, imaging HW are its bones and muscle, >and firmware is its brain. Firmware engineer it what makes its brain work >properly and efficiently ^^.
Hence most embedded engineers requiring psychiatric help? :-) -- \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Reply by hectorhg May 8, 20082008-05-08
>Dear friends, > >Can anyone give a clear explanation about the role of firmware engineer
in
>embedded field. > >Thanks and regards >
Hi, I would compare it with human body, imaging HW are its bones and muscle, and firmware is its brain. Firmware engineer it what makes its brain work properly and efficiently ^^.
Reply by Paul Carpenter May 8, 20082008-05-08
"aamer" <raqeebhyd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Dear friends, > > Can anyone give a clear explanation about the role of firmware engineer in > embedded field.
That is such a loosely defined question that I will give you one possible solution The engineer designs, tests and then hands over the manufacturing package for items that keep 'wares' 'firm', these are usually 'embedded'. In other other words he designs bras. -- Paul Carpenter | paul@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk <http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/> PC Services <http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/fonts/> Timing Diagram Font <http://www.gnuh8.org.uk/> GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny <http://www.badweb.org.uk/> For those web sites you hate
Reply by Neil May 8, 20082008-05-08
CBFalconer wrote:
> aamer wrote: >> Can anyone give a clear explanation about the role of firmware >> engineer in embedded field. > > Sure. The firmware engineer designs the hardware and software of > an embedded application. >
Isn't that an embedded engineer? I would say the firmware engineer designs the software of an embedded application. Then has to debug the hardware.
Reply by Grant Edwards May 7, 20082008-05-07
On 2008-05-07, aamer <raqeebhyd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can anyone give a clear explanation about the role of firmware > engineer in embedded field.
Firmware engineers design, implement and test firmware. ;) -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Somewhere in DOWNTOWN at BURBANK a prostitute is visi.com OVERCOOKING a LAMB CHOP!!
Reply by CBFalconer May 7, 20082008-05-07
aamer wrote:
> > Can anyone give a clear explanation about the role of firmware > engineer in embedded field.
Sure. The firmware engineer designs the hardware and software of an embedded application. -- [mail]: Chuck F (cbfalconer at maineline dot net) [page]: <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net> Try the download section. ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **
Reply by larwe May 7, 20082008-05-07
On May 7, 5:18=A0pm, Vladimir Vassilevsky <antispam_bo...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

                          not only
> The firmware engineer is the one who is screwed.
^ ^
Reply by Vladimir Vassilevsky May 7, 20082008-05-07

The firmware engineer is the one who is screwed. Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant http://www.abvolt.com