Reply by Stephen Pelc August 14, 20042004-08-14
On 13 Aug 2004 09:03:40 -0700, thierry.moreau@connotech.com (Thierry
Moreau) wrote:

>(A) Pick up a target system with an USB slave connection, or add the >USB connectivity to a target system. > >(B) Add GDB (GNU debugger) USB connectivity to the GDB remote protocol >options. > >USB connection debugging with GDB is a most wanted addition to GDB, as >I understand it.
See www.mpeltd.demon.co.uk/usbstamp.html It is already configured as a JTAG host. The USB connection uses an FTDI chip, so drivers are readily available for common OSes. Our ARM JTAG debugger is scheduled for Q4/2004 providing that we don't get too much additional work. Stephen -- Stephen Pelc, stephenXXX@INVALID.mpeltd.demon.co.uk MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time 133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691 web: http://www.mpeltd.demon.co.uk - free VFX Forth downloads
Reply by Thierry Moreau August 13, 20042004-08-13
yxl4444@louisiana.edu (Lee) wrote in message news:<5c3c88bc.0408120755.27000004@posting.google.com>...
> Dear all, > > Can anybody suggest me a project (open source or part-time job or > intern)?I need a project to develop my skills.
(A) Pick up a target system with an USB slave connection, or add the USB connectivity to a target system. (B) Add GDB (GNU debugger) USB connectivity to the GDB remote protocol options. USB connection debugging with GDB is a most wanted addition to GDB, as I understand it. Regards, - Thierry Moreau
Reply by hamilton August 12, 20042004-08-12
How about an internet video phone.

A small LCD screen, USB camera, microphone and speaker.

Modem or broadband interface.

Not entry level, but interesting.

There maybe enough open source software out there to make this easy.

hamilton

PS: maybe a product in it !!!

Lee wrote:
> Dear all, > > Can anybody suggest me a project (open source or part-time job or > intern)?I need a project to develop my skills. > > I am targeting at embedded system sofware or firmware for wireless > multimedia application, such as device driver, assembly programming, > DSP programming, RTOS porting and so on. > > My skills: > 1. I am excellent in C++ programming and have working experiences in > compiler design and multimedia processing. I am also good at wireless > protocol design. > > 2. I am good at verilog programming and IC design for multimedia > application by using Synopsys and Cadence. Currently I am focusing on > FPGA prototyping. > > 3. I have a little working experiences in device drivers for WinNT and > MCU based board design. > > 4. I am firmiliar with DSP programming, ucLinux and ARM based embedded > system. But no working experiences. I am interested in them and need > them. > > I can do the project(no paid). Any suggestion is welcome. > > Thanks,
Reply by Lee August 12, 20042004-08-12