Reply by Kevin Kramb August 9, 20042004-08-09
"vic" <ppp@ppp.it> wrote in message news:cf893t$c5v$1@e3k.asi.ansaldo.it...
> Hello everybody, > > could someone explain to me what a JTAG Emulator is and what is used for? > > Thanks in advance. >
See these articles from Embedded Systems Programming magazine. http://www.embedded.com/story/OEG20021028S0049 http://www.embedded.com//showArticle.jhtml?articleID=9901017 -- Kevin
Reply by Smith August 9, 20042004-08-09
"vic" <ppp@ppp.it> wrote in message news:cf893t$c5v$1@e3k.asi.ansaldo.it...
> Hello everybody, > > could someone explain to me what a JTAG Emulator is and what is used for? > > Thanks in advance. > >
In all simplicity, a JTAG emulator is the same thing as an ICE (in-circuit emulator); it just interfaces to the target differently. As for an ICE, it provides for "normal" debugging of your target (as in single-step, break, trace, etc.).
Reply by vic August 9, 20042004-08-09