Reply by Meff August 18, 20042004-08-18
> Can anyone recommend one such module that is easy to program, > reliable, supported by the manufacturer, and of course cheap?
What about the GSM modules listed on www.gsm-modem.de ? As a customer you will enjoy the huge community based on our forum in the Internet with FAQ and a lot of postings. You will get factory support and you will see that users help users as well. You will stay in a community with more then 950 members around the world. A big "technical family" that grows each month. BTW, I am a happy user too. Regards Meff
Reply by richard August 16, 20042004-08-16

Have you looked at the Motorola G18 yet?

http://www.avnetkopp.co.za/New%20Products/Motorola/GSM/g18/g18
_GSM_Module.htm

Cheers,
Richard
Reply by dmm August 12, 20042004-08-12
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:37:58 +0300, "nykasenperhe" <otataapois.nykasenperhe@kolumbus.fi> wrote:

>"Robert Lacoste" <see-www-alciom-com-for-email-adress> kirjoitti viestiss&#4294967295; >news:411871e5$0$305$7a628cd7@news.club-internet.fr... >> Why not using Wavecom GSM/GPRS modules ?
We're currently using the Wavecom M2106B. My boss wants me to source an alternative unit. Today I found that Falcom have what they say is a drop-in replacement for the Wavecom. Has anyone used their I2D 900/1800 unit?
>Wavecom is not reliable.
Been alright so far as far as I know. What's your story?
Reply by nykasenperhe August 11, 20042004-08-11
"Robert Lacoste" <see-www-alciom-com-for-email-adress> kirjoitti viestiss&#4294967295;
> Why not using Wavecom GSM/GPRS modules ? >
Wavecom is not reliable.
Reply by Robert Lacoste August 10, 20042004-08-10
Why not using Wavecom GSM/GPRS modules ?

"dmm" <dmmilne_removethis_@ozemail.com.au> a &#4294967295;crit dans le message de
> We're currently using a Wavecom GSM for monitoring industrial flow > equipment on customers sites, and wish to upgrade to a GSM/GPRS module. > Can anyone recommend one such module that is easy to program, > reliable, supported by the manufacturer, and of course cheap? >
Reply by dmm August 9, 20042004-08-09