Reply by Not Really Me September 26, 20082008-09-26
"ssubbarayan" <ssubba@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear Experts, > I am interested in knowing how do RTOS implement semaphore > objects?It would be helpful if some one could let me know some links > or some of your thoughts from your own experience. > This is part of my own learning to update myself on what goes beneath > when you take a semaphore or give a semaphore in a RTOS. > > Looking farward for your thoughts and advanced thanks for the same, > > Regards, > s.subbarayan > >
Buy a copy of MicroC/OS-II - The Realtime Kernel by Jean Labrosse. Suitable as a text book, it provides a detailed description of the RTOS. Source included on CD, but also available for download from the Micrium.com website. Scott
Reply by Peter Dickerson September 26, 20082008-09-26
"ssubbarayan" <ssubba@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear Experts, > I am interested in knowing how do RTOS implement semaphore > objects?It would be helpful if some one could let me know some links > or some of your thoughts from your own experience. > This is part of my own learning to update myself on what goes beneath > when you take a semaphore or give a semaphore in a RTOS. > > Looking farward for your thoughts and advanced thanks for the same,
Looking at the source of FreeRTOS (say) ought to give more than enough detail for the single processor case. When there are more processors involved then things get more complicated. Peter
Reply by ssubbarayan September 26, 20082008-09-26