The ability to securely update firmware in the field and over-the-air is a critical component in every embedded system, especially IoT devices. The complexity and the skills necessary to successfully develop the capability is are often under-estimated and misunderstood. In this webinar, Jacob will review with attendees' basic bootloader architectures and design techniques before diving into modern techniques that developers need to follow to securely update their firmware in the field.
- Bootloader implementation models and how to select the correct one
- The main stages required to securely boot a microcontroller
- How to set a security strategy for a bootloader
- Key concepts related to security, robustness and fast updates
- Security fundamentals
- Best practices for developing a secure bootloader