can someone verify PM1 function (9S12DP256)?

Started by ctrobot28 November 29, 2003

Anyone willing to try this on their 9S12DP256 running dbug12,
assuming you don't have anything connected to Port M pin 1 (PM1)?
Under dbug12, after reset, set DDRM (address 0x0252) to 0x02, set PTM
(0x250) to 0x02, then display the value of PTIM (0x0251). One mine
PTIM reads back as 0, but I think it should be 0x02. Everything else
seems to work OK, seems strange that just this one pin wouldn't work.
And if anyone does check this let me know what rev chip you have (B,
or C). Thanks in advance!



Hmmm!?! I used microBDMSX pod. The changes works on the C version
but won't on the B. Weird.

This is the C Version trace

>mm 252
0252 00 2
0253 00 .
S>md 251

0250 00 00 02 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
00 ................
S>mm 250 2
S>md 251

0250 02 02 02 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
00 ................
S>

This is the B Version trace

S>mm 252
0252 00 2
0253 00 .
S>md 251

0250 0C 0C 02 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
00 ................
S>mm 250 2
Can't Write Target Memory
S>mm 250
0250 0F 2
Can't Write Target Memory
0250 0F .
S>mm 252
0252 02
0253 00 .
S>mm 250 2
Can't Write Target Memory
S>md 250

0250 0F 0F 02 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
00 ................
S>mm 253
0253 00 2
0254 00 .
S>mm 250 2
Can't Write Target Memory
S>mm 254 2
S>mm 250 2
Can't Write Target Memory
S>md 250

0250 0F 0F 02 02 - 02 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
00 ................
S>mm 250
0250 0F 00
Can't Write Target Memory
0250 0C .
--- In , "ctrobot28" <patrickc9@c...> wrote:
>
> Anyone willing to try this on their 9S12DP256 running dbug12,
> assuming you don't have anything connected to Port M pin 1 (PM1)?
> Under dbug12, after reset, set DDRM (address 0x0252) to 0x02, set
PTM
> (0x250) to 0x02, then display the value of PTIM (0x0251). One mine
> PTIM reads back as 0, but I think it should be 0x02. Everything
else
> seems to work OK, seems strange that just this one pin wouldn't
work.
> And if anyone does check this let me know what rev chip you have
(B,
> or C). Thanks in advance!






Thanks for trying it. Mine is the "B" rev -- hmmm, wonder if the B's
have a problem with port M that was fixed in the C's. Also notice
your PTM was 0C before you tried to write 02, it wouldn't let you
write it, then it became 0F, that is strange (is anything connected
to these pins?). With mine I'm not using a BDM pod, just dbug12 on
the target, have not seen the "can't write" message.

--- In , "zeta_alpha2002" <zeta_alpha2002@y...>
wrote:
> Hmmm!?! I used microBDMSX pod. The changes works on the C version
> but won't on the B. Weird.
>
> This is the C Version trace
>
> >mm 252
> 0252 00 2
> 0253 00 .
> S>md 251
>
> 0250 00 00 02 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
> 00 ................
> S>mm 250 2
> S>md 251
>
> 0250 02 02 02 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
> 00 ................
> S>
>
> This is the B Version trace
>
> S>mm 252
> 0252 00 2
> 0253 00 .
> S>md 251
>
> 0250 0C 0C 02 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
> 00 ................
> S>mm 250 2
> Can't Write Target Memory
> S>mm 250
> 0250 0F 2
> Can't Write Target Memory
> 0250 0F .
> S>mm 252
> 0252 02
> 0253 00 .
> S>mm 250 2
> Can't Write Target Memory
> S>md 250
>
> 0250 0F 0F 02 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
> 00 ................
> S>mm 253
> 0253 00 2
> 0254 00 .
> S>mm 250 2
> Can't Write Target Memory
> S>mm 254 2
> S>mm 250 2
> Can't Write Target Memory
> S>md 250
>
> 0250 0F 0F 02 02 - 02 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
> 00 ................
> S>mm 250
> 0250 0F 00
> Can't Write Target Memory
> 0250 0C . >
> --- In , "ctrobot28" <patrickc9@c...> wrote:
> >
> > Anyone willing to try this on their 9S12DP256 running dbug12,
> > assuming you don't have anything connected to Port M pin 1 (PM1)?
> > Under dbug12, after reset, set DDRM (address 0x0252) to 0x02, set
> PTM
> > (0x250) to 0x02, then display the value of PTIM (0x0251). One
mine
> > PTIM reads back as 0, but I think it should be 0x02. Everything
> else
> > seems to work OK, seems strange that just this one pin wouldn't
> work.
> > And if anyone does check this let me know what rev chip you have
> (B,
> > or C). Thanks in advance!





There is/are probably an explanation about this weird state of the
port pin being that it is CAN port and J1850 pin.

No connections to the pins.

--- In , "ctrobot28" <patrickc9@c...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for trying it. Mine is the "B" rev -- hmmm, wonder if the
B's
> have a problem with port M that was fixed in the C's. Also notice
> your PTM was 0C before you tried to write 02, it wouldn't let you
> write it, then it became 0F, that is strange (is anything connected
> to these pins?). With mine I'm not using a BDM pod, just dbug12 on
> the target, have not seen the "can't write" message.