Forums

help needed to edit at91sam7ex-256 mp3/aac player [1 Attachment]

Started by nixxterlid April 10, 2010
currently i'm trying to run mp3 player program on at91sam7ex-256 board using i- eclipse IDE + yagarto andii- programmer notepad + winarm
i've been editing the source code but still there are plenty of error arise. so i would like to get advices from the expertise to solve the problem and compile the whole program successfully.
thank you.
regards.
--- In A..., nixxterlid wrote:
>
> currently i'm trying to run mp3 player program on at91sam7ex-256

Which board are you using ??

don
board using i- eclipse IDE + yagarto andii- programmer notepad + winarm
> i've been editing the source code but still there are plenty of error arise. so i would like to get advices from the expertise to solve the problem and compile the whole program successfully.
> thank you.
> regards.
>

i'm using "at91sam7ex256" board

--- In A..., "Donald H" wrote:
>
> --- In A..., nixxterlid wrote:
> >
> > currently i'm trying to run mp3 player program on at91sam7ex-256
>
> Which board are you using ??
>
> don
> board using i- eclipse IDE + yagarto andii- programmer notepad + winarm
> > i've been editing the source code but still there are plenty of error arise. so i would like to get advices from the expertise to solve the problem and compile the whole program successfully.
> > thank you.
> > regards.
>

--- In A..., "nixxterlid" wrote:
>
> i'm using "at91sam7ex256" board

If you don't know who made it, how can you program it ???

don

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 08:52:02 +0000 (GMT)
nixxterlid wrote:
> currently i'm trying to run mp3 player program on at91sam7ex-256
> board using i- eclipse IDE + yagarto andii- programmer notepad +
> winarm i've been editing the source code but still there are plenty
> of error arise.

I think you also need to give us an idea of which errors you're running
into:

Is it a compilation error? A board programming error? Embedded devices
are complex, and "my setup doesn't work" without giving us specific
version numbers (including which operating systems you're using) and
board manufacturers, and what steps you've taken to try to figure out
the process, won't help us help you.

Dan
--- In A..., Dan Lyke wrote:
>
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 08:52:02 +0000 (GMT)
> nixxterlid wrote:
> > currently i'm trying to run mp3 player program on at91sam7ex-256
> > board using i- eclipse IDE + yagarto andii- programmer notepad +
> > winarm i've been editing the source code but still there are plenty
> > of error arise.
>
> I think you also need to give us an idea of which errors you're running
> into:
>
> Is it a compilation error? A board programming error? Embedded devices
> are complex, and "my setup doesn't work" without giving us specific
> version numbers (including which operating systems you're using) and
> board manufacturers, and what steps you've taken to try to figure out
> the process, won't help us help you.
>
> Dan
>
using eclipse, the error warning was

- Error launching external scanner info generator (gcc -E -P -v -dD D:/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c)

and when executing "build all"
"
Build of configuration Default for project mp3player ****

Make all
Make: *** No rule to make target `all'. Stop. "
so i failed to obtained the binary files, to flashed onto the board

hope to get your advices sooner.
thank you.

--- In A..., "Donald H" wrote:
>
> --- In A..., "nixxterlid" wrote:
> >
> > i'm using "at91sam7ex256" board
>
> If you don't know who made it, how can you program it ???
>
> don
>

sorry sir, what do you mean? i really don't get it.

anyway as i mentioned previously, i'm using olimex sam7-ex256 board.
as my university project, i have to make the mp3 player using the board. as for the tools, i'm using eclipse + yagarto tools chain.

regards,

Am 12.04.2010 11:10, schrieb nixxterlid:
>
> anyway as i mentioned previously, i'm using olimex sam7-ex256 board.
> as my university project, i have to make the mp3 player using the board. as for the tools, i'm using eclipse + yagarto tools chain.

All in software ? Forget it. The 70MHz aren't enough for MP3.

--
42Bastian
+
| http://www.sciopta.com
| Fastest direct message passing kernel.
| IEC61508 certified.
+
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:21 PM, 42Bastian wrote:

> Am 12.04.2010 11:10, schrieb nixxterlid:
>
> >
> > anyway as i mentioned previously, i'm using olimex sam7-ex256 board.
> > as my university project, i have to make the mp3 player using the board.
> as for the tools, i'm using eclipse + yagarto tools chain.
>
> All in software ? Forget it. The 70MHz aren't enough for MP3.
>
> The encoding is out of reach, but the decoding is feasible.
You can see both Atmel AN for an internet Radio that do the MP3 decoding on
a AT91SAM7X (http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc6318.pdf)
and this project: http://embdev.net/articles/ARM_MP3/AAC_Player

regards
Pietro
--- In A..., 42Bastian wrote:
>
> Am 12.04.2010 11:10, schrieb nixxterlid:
> >
> > anyway as i mentioned previously, i'm using olimex sam7-ex256 board.
> > as my university project, i have to make the mp3 player using the board. as for the tools, i'm using eclipse + yagarto tools chain.
>
> All in software ? Forget it. The 70MHz aren't enough for MP3.
>
> --
> 42Bastian
> +
> | http://www.sciopta.com
> | Fastest direct message passing kernel.
> | IEC61508 certified.
> +
>

hi sebastian,
what do you mean?
i just try to make a real simple mp3 with only 2 or 3 song to tested on.
isn't it possible??