Compiler Enhancement Request

Started by Don Kinzer January 10, 2004
I have used the ByteVectorData on several occasions. One thing that
I have found lacking is the ability to have lines containing only
comments in the associated data file. It would seem to be a simple
enhancement to allow Basic style comments on any line. For the
purpose of collecting data for the vector, any line whose first non-
whitespace character was an apostrophe would be totally ignored.

Also, it would be nice if you could express data in binary form, e.g.
bx10010010. Hexadecimal seems to be supported using the &H prefix.

Don



From: Don Kinzer <>

> I have used the ByteVectorData on several occasions.
> One thing that I have found lacking is the ability
> to have lines containing only comments in the
> associated data file.

The compiler should be allowing that -- if not, it's a bug. I've
tried it with V2.1, seems to work OK for me...

> Also, it would be nice if you could express data in
> binary form, e.g. bx10010010. Hexadecimal seems to be
>supported using the &H prefix.

OK, well put that on the list of things to add.

-- Frank Manning
-- NetMedia, Inc.



--- In , "Frank Manning" <fmanning@n...> wrote:
> From: Don Kinzer <dkinzer@e...>
>
> > I have used the ByteVectorData on several occasions.
> > One thing that I have found lacking is the ability
> > to have lines containing only comments in the
> > associated data file.
>
> The compiler should be allowing that -- if not, it's a bug. I've
> tried it with V2.1, seems to work OK for me...

You're right. It does work except that the first line is not allowed
to be a comment. Full line comments are allowed elsewhere. I am
using V2.1.


From: Don Kinzer <>

> Frank Manning <fmanning@n...> wrote:
>>
>> The compiler should be allowing that -- if not,
>> it's a bug. I've tried it with V2.1, seems to
>> work OK for me...
>
> You're right. It does work except that the first
> line is not allowed to be a comment.

Ah! I didn't realize that. We need to fix that.

Thanks for letting us know.

> Full line comments are allowed elsewhere. I am
> using V2.1.

-- Frank Manning
-- NetMedia, Inc.