AVRStudio questions

Started by theAdib November 19, 2008
Hello, I have some questions regarding AVR development using AVRStudio
where I couldn't get answers from google and friends.

- how to integrate my own tools into the tools menu
  I want to execute things as doxygen, astyle (or indent)
  I need to set some parameter as: working directory to start within
or the current filename from the editor as commandline parameter
  some "programmer editors" can do that even most IDE (codeBlocks,
Keil)

- how can I forward the serial communication of the simulated AVR to a
real COM port of the host PC
  Using Keil it is possible to forward serial output (and input) to a
output window or assign a real COM port to a serial port of the
simulated device.

Many thanks for any hints,

Adib.
---

"theAdib" <theAdib@googlemail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Hello, I have some questions regarding AVR development using AVRStudio > where I couldn't get answers from google and friends. > > - how to integrate my own tools into the tools menu
You can do simple things only.
> I want to execute things as doxygen, astyle (or indent) > I need to set some parameter as: working directory to start within > or the current filename from the editor as commandline parameter > some "programmer editors" can do that even most IDE (codeBlocks, > Keil)
I do not think that this is possible.
> > - how can I forward the serial communication of the simulated AVR to a > real COM port of the host PC
You can't, but this at least is on the todo list. I asked for this several years ago.
> Using Keil it is possible to forward serial output (and input) to a > output window or assign a real COM port to a serial port of the > simulated device. > > Many thanks for any hints,
Send a mail with your suggestions to avr at atmel dot com.
> > Adib. > ---
-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson This is intended to be my personal opinion which may, or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB