Off-the-shelf embedded 'counter' datalogger

Started by Unknown March 20, 2009
Can anyone recommend some ready to buy boards that are close to having
these requirements:

-Count 8 digital inputs (at upto 8KHz)
-Periodically store counts to memory and reset the counts (say every 5
minutes)
-Make that data available via FTP or some other easy and standard TCP/
IP protocal (must not be 'custom' PC side software).

Due to small quantities I prefer just to by existing boards rather
than make our own. I am sure someone must sell boards that can do this.
On Mar 19, 10:52=A0pm, myfor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Can anyone recommend some ready to buy boards that are close to having > these requirements: > > -Count 8 digital inputs (at upto 8KHz) > -Periodically store counts to memory and reset the counts (say every 5 > minutes) > -Make that data available via FTP or some other easy and standard TCP/ > IP protocal (must not be 'custom' PC side software). > > Due to small quantities I prefer just to by existing boards rather > than make our own. I am sure someone must sell boards that can do this.
There are several manufacturers. GOOGLE for embedded single-board controllers I've been getting a catalog from TERN. There are a LOT of products out nowadays with more than enough features to meet your needs. You might have to do some programming on the controller side, but many come with libraries and/or OS available to make the network connections you want. Ed
<myforwik@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend some ready to buy boards that are close to having > these requirements: > > -Count 8 digital inputs (at upto 8KHz) > -Periodically store counts to memory and reset the counts (say every 5 > minutes) > -Make that data available via FTP or some other easy and standard TCP/ > IP protocal (must not be 'custom' PC side software). > > Due to small quantities I prefer just to by existing boards rather > than make our own. I am sure someone must sell boards that can do this.
DataQ

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference