TMDS to LVDS

Started by volucris April 29, 2009
Hi folks,

I need to convert TMDS to LVDS. Im sure someone has done this before, so
rather than reinvent the wheel, I'd like to ask what chips are suitable for
this.

I need to drive a panel with 3 data and one clock pair (so I assume 18
bit?)

Thanks,

-Ian
>Hi folks, > >I need to convert TMDS to LVDS. Im sure someone has done this before, so >rather than reinvent the wheel, I'd like to ask what chips are suitable
for
>this.
No-one has done this? SRSLY?
"volucris" <ian@mnementh.co.uk> wrote in message
> >Hi folks, >> >>I need to convert TMDS to LVDS. Im sure someone has done this before, so >>rather than reinvent the wheel, I'd like to ask what chips are suitable > for >>this. > > No-one has done this? > > SRSLY?
Seriously. Not with a m/c at bandwidths that would be interesting or meaningful. Look in the fpga group. A small Virtex5 should do pretty well.
>"volucris" <ian@mnementh.co.uk> wrote in message >news:VeadnXDsT615RmXUnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d@giganews.com... >> >Hi folks, >>> >>>I need to convert TMDS to LVDS. Im sure someone has done this before,
so
>>>rather than reinvent the wheel, I'd like to ask what chips are
suitable
>> for >>>this. >> >> No-one has done this? >> >> SRSLY? > >Seriously. Not with a m/c at bandwidths that would be interesting or >meaningful. Look in the fpga group. A small Virtex5 should do pretty
well. Hm, I didnt mean using a microcontroller. I just thought that people using a micro would have perhaps had to connect its video output to an LCD...

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference