Free ARM tool that works with ULINK2 or CrossConnect?

Started by larwe June 3, 2009
I want to set a colleague's son up to work on some simple ARM projects
on an LPC2106, using material I have on hand. I have plenty of EVBs
etc lying about, but the only JTAG adapters I have are a few Keil
ULINK2s and a Rowley CrossConnect. Is there any free debugger that
works with either of these adapters?

Thanks.
Not that I am aware of, but OpenOCD works with the Amontec Tiny device, which is >very< low cost at 29 Euro. http://www.amontec.com/jtagkey-tiny.shtml -- Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com Certified by T&#4294967295;V as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
On Jun 3, 3:46=A0pm, "FreeRTOS.org" <noem...@given.com> wrote:

> Not that I am aware of, but OpenOCD works with the Amontec Tiny device, > which is >very< low cost at 29 Euro.
Mmmm.. Sparkfun sells an Olimex (?) adapter for US$20.95 which is even cheaper, and stated to work with OpenOCD, but I was *really* hoping to find a way to use what I already have lying about.
On Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:53:22 -0700 (PDT), zwsdotcom@gmail.com wrote:

>On Jun 3, 3:46&#4294967295;pm, "FreeRTOS.org" <noem...@given.com> wrote: > >> Not that I am aware of, but OpenOCD works with the Amontec Tiny device, >> which is >very< low cost at 29 Euro. > >Mmmm.. Sparkfun sells an Olimex (?) adapter for US$20.95 which is even >cheaper, and stated to work with OpenOCD, but I was *really* hoping to >find a way to use what I already have lying about.
Using H-JTAG will give you a free RDI interface to the Wiggler and clone parallel port devices along with flash burning, but you'd still need something else (OpenOCD perhaps) for breakpoints and source level debugging. The newer releases of H-JTAG may be up to talking to USB devices -- I haven't kept up with it, since it's not my normal interface. -- Rich Webb Norfolk, VA