how to write a simulator for a processor

Started by Master July 10, 2004
i want programming details abt writing a processor Simulator in c language..

simulating a interrupt,clock ,bus register etc..

please mail me at bsvijayan@yahoo.com

thank u buddy..
Master <bsvijayan@spymac.com> says...

>i want programming details abt writing a processor Simulator in c language..
I had an answer, but then noticed that you crossposted to comp.arch.bus.vmebus. Off-topic crossposters don't get help.
Why you shouldn't ask for E-mail responses on Usenet: http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/mail-responses.html

No. Come back here. (comp.arch.embedded) Well, the processor's manual together with the instruction set should give you an idea what the processor does. Rene -- Ing.Buero R.Tschaggelar - http://www.ibrtses.com & commercial newsgroups - http://www.talkto.net
I suggest that you do your own homework. But if you have to cheat, there are examples of CPU emulators available with source code if you'll only search for them. Try www.Google.com
In comp.arch.embedded Master <bsvijayan@spymac.com> wrote:
> i want programming details abt writing a processor Simulator in c language.. > > > simulating a interrupt,clock ,bus register etc.. > > please mail me at bsvijayan@yahoo.com > > thank u buddy..
We aren't here to do your coursework. Come back when you've had some ideas about how *you* might write a simulator, and discuss them. You might get some good advice then. pete -- pete@fenelon.com "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference