USB Bus Reset - General Query on USB

Started by Sandeeptssmg October 29, 2009
Hi All,
  my first query on this excellent site :-). Am currently looking for some
info on USB reset. In a USB enumeration failure scenario, could you please
let me know how many times does the hub driver sends a RESET to the device
before it recognizes that USB cannot be enumerated and pops up a msg "USB
device unrecognized".

I presume its 3 times before the host driver can pop the error msg on the
screen. Does it vary based on different host controllers or is it a
standard ? Please provide if any pointers ?

Regards,
Sandeep

This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on
http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

The host must retire a transfer after 3 errors, according to the 2.0 standard. See section 10.2.6. It doesn't say anything about sending another RESET. http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/
"Sandeeptssmg" <sandeeptssmg@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All, > my first query on this excellent site :-). Am currently looking for some > info on USB reset. In a USB enumeration failure scenario, could you please > let me know how many times does the hub driver sends a RESET to the device > before it recognizes that USB cannot be enumerated and pops up a msg "USB > device unrecognized". > > I presume its 3 times before the host driver can pop the error msg on the > screen. Does it vary based on different host controllers or is it a > standard ? Please provide if any pointers ?
It depends on the host OS. Windows, Mac, Linux and other unix'es have (small) differences in enumeration. But if your device can pass usbcv tests you are on the right track. Leo Havm&#4294967295;ller.

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference