48V to 12V external DC to DC Converter Source

Started by Stephen Jones July 1, 2004
I am trying to source an external DC/DC converter to allow our
product, which is normally powered from a 7 to 12V DC power supply at
1 amp, to power from a 48V telecoms or possibly and/or power over
ethernet connection. The ethernet connection requires 1500V isolation.
It doesn't look cost effective to design in the 48V converter as it
looks too expensive for the few people how might want one hence a
external one would be better.
Not too hard to find.  Take a look at www.power-one.com for some
units.

"David Kinsell" <kinsell@poboxyz.com> wrote in message news:<nS2Fc.11605$IQ4.1918@attbi_s02>...
> Not too hard to find. Take a look at www.power-one.com for some > units. > > > "Stephen Jones" <sjones@scannex.co.uk> wrote in message news:40227952.0407010611.43113721@posting.google.com... > > I am trying to source an external DC/DC converter to allow our > > product, which is normally powered from a 7 to 12V DC power supply at > > 1 amp, to power from a 48V telecoms or possibly and/or power over > > ethernet connection. The ethernet connection requires 1500V isolation. > > It doesn't look cost effective to design in the 48V converter as it > > looks too expensive for the few people how might want one hence a > > external one would be better.
Thanks, but as far as i can see there isn't an external device option. I have had just got a costing for a internal device and it was very expensive (&#4294967295;35 in 100s).