MCC18 / PIC C18 - how to write to internal EEPROM?

Started by Royston Vasey March 12, 2010
I'm new to C and am trying to write a byte to the internal EEPROM in a
18F45k20.

I've done this in the past using assembly but now I'm working in C I figure
there should be a function for doing this.

I've found reference to write_b_eep and read_b_eep on the net but cannot see
any reference to these in the MPLAB C18 Compiler Libraries documentation.

What is the way to approach this?

thanks

"Royston Vasey" <royston@vasey.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to C and am trying to write a byte to the internal EEPROM in a > 18F45k20. > > I've done this in the past using assembly but now I'm working in C I > figure there should be a function for doing this. > > I've found reference to write_b_eep and read_b_eep on the net but cannot > see any reference to these in the MPLAB C18 Compiler Libraries > documentation. > > What is the way to approach this? > > thanks > > > >
ok - I tried the following: Write_b_eep(0,my_var); //code to save my_var to eeprom Looking at the EEPROM memory at location 0x00 is not changed. It compiles fine and during execution I can see the code jump into the Write_b_eep function located in write_b.c Is there some documentation somewhere that will help me with this function??
google is your friend http://my.opera.com/raphman/blog/show.dml/266030 hamilton
"hamilton" <hamilton@nothere.com> wrote in message
> Royston Vasey wrote: >> "Royston Vasey" <royston@vasey.com> wrote in message >> news:a-udnb-tSKYqVQTWnZ2dnUVZ_hudnZ2d@westnet.com.au... >>> I'm new to C and am trying to write a byte to the internal EEPROM in a >>> 18F45k20. >>> >>> I've done this in the past using assembly but now I'm working in C I >>> figure there should be a function for doing this. >>> >>> I've found reference to write_b_eep and read_b_eep on the net but cannot >>> see any reference to these in the MPLAB C18 Compiler Libraries >>> documentation. >>> >>> What is the way to approach this? >>> >>> thanks >>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> ok - I tried the following: >> >> >> Write_b_eep(0,my_var); //code to save my_var to eeprom >> >> Looking at the EEPROM memory at location 0x00 is not changed. >> >> >> It compiles fine and during execution I can see the code jump into the >> Write_b_eep function located in write_b.c >> >> Is there some documentation somewhere that will help me with this >> function?? >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > google is your friend > > http://my.opera.com/raphman/blog/show.dml/266030 > > hamilton
Thanks hamilton, google threw me a couple of dud results....your suggested link works great. At the learning stage I'm at, discerning the crap from the good is difficult. Thanks

Memfault Beyond the Launch