ready to run 32bit controller

Started by Paul Geisler June 2, 2010
Paul Geisler wrote:

> does anybody know a more powerful Atmel AVR pendant?
What the heck for? Setting aside why anyone in a sane state of mind would use an entire micro controller just to blink an LED, when two transistors and bit of chicken-feed would do the job with a good deal less hassle: how could one ever, remotely, need a "more powerful" one?
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 02:50:22 +0200, Hans-Bernhard Br&ouml;ker <HBBroeker@t-online.de> wrote:
>Paul Geisler wrote:
>> does anybody know a more powerful Atmel AVR pendant?
>What the heck for? Setting aside why anyone in a sane state of mind >would use an entire micro controller just to blink an LED, when two >transistors and bit of chicken-feed would do the job with a good deal >less hassle: how could one ever, remotely, need a "more powerful" one?
For a pendant that can leave third degree burns?
On 6/2/2010 7:01 PM, AZ Nomad wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 02:50:22 +0200, Hans-Bernhard Br&ouml;ker<HBBroeker@t-online.de> wrote: >> Paul Geisler wrote: > >>> does anybody know a more powerful Atmel AVR pendant? > > For a pendant that can leave third degree burns?
I would like to know what "pendant" means in this context !!! If the OP is still around, what is your pendant ?? Have you seen others like the one you want ?? If so, please post a link. Thank You hamilton
hamilton wrote:
>> For a pendant that can leave third degree burns?
> I would like to know what "pendant" means in this context !!! Being from Germany like the OP, I'm sure this got burnt in translation. German has the word "Pendant" (taken from French and pronounced accordingly), which means "counterpart" or "equivalent". I.e. he's looking for a chip to use in place of an AVR. How an AVR might fail to be sufficiently powerful for that job however still defies comprehension.
> If the OP is still around, what is your pendant ??
Suffice it to say it's quite certainly not a necklace. [digression]There are three different French words all spelled "pendant" and pronounced exactly the same. English took the adjective that means "hanging", and turned it into a noun that means, among other things, "necklace". German stole the noun that means "counterpart". I don't know who got away with the third one, a preposition that means "while". [/digression]
On 6/3/2010 9:00 AM, Hans-Bernhard Br&ouml;ker wrote:
> hamilton wrote: >> On 6/2/2010 7:01 PM, AZ Nomad wrote: >>>> Paul Geisler wrote: > >>>>> does anybody know a more powerful Atmel AVR pendant? > >>> For a pendant that can leave third degree burns? > > > I would like to know what "pendant" means in this context !!! > > Being from Germany like the OP, I'm sure this got burnt in translation. > German has the word "Pendant" (taken from French and pronounced > accordingly), which means "counterpart" or "equivalent". I.e. he's > looking for a chip to use in place of an AVR. > > How an AVR might fail to be sufficiently powerful for that job however > still defies comprehension. > >> If the OP is still around, what is your pendant ?? > > Suffice it to say it's quite certainly not a necklace. > > [digression]There are three different French words all spelled "pendant" > and pronounced exactly the same. English took the adjective that means > "hanging", and turned it into a noun that means, among other things, > "necklace". German stole the noun that means "counterpart". I don't know > who got away with the third one, a preposition that means "while". > [/digression]
Thank you for that. Learn something new everyday. I am sure this thread will take an interesting turn. hamilton

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference