dsPIC: Places for good developer information

Started by Bill Davy August 27, 2010
It would appear I am about to start on a project using dsPIC30F6015
programmed in C using Microchip's toolchain.  It's a long time since I did
any PIC work (and taht was a smaller PIC)and don't seem to have an
favourites or news groups that are relevant.  I am sure there are some
pitfalls to avoid and tips for making life easier (and software better).
Where might I find them, or help with problems?

TIA,

    Bill

PS While I am here, and thoughts on the
http://www.sinelabore.com/Main/Main.html?

I've always found Microchip themselves to have excellent resources, including application notes, middleware, etc. Plus training options. Here are some starting points: http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=3DSS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=3D= 82 http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=3DSS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=3D= 2127&param=3Den023431 [might need to copy the URLs onto a single line] Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com Certified by T=DCV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems= =2E
"FreeRTOS info" <noemail@given.com> wrote in message
On 27/08/2010 08:41, Bill Davy wrote:
> It would appear I am about to start on a project using dsPIC30F6015 > programmed in C using Microchip's toolchain. It's a long time since I did > any PIC work (and taht was a smaller PIC)and don't seem to have an > favourites or news groups that are relevant. I am sure there are some > pitfalls to avoid and tips for making life easier (and software better). > Where might I find them, or help with problems? >
Many thanks. I'll add those to my Favourites (or whatever they're called). Bill --- I've always found Microchip themselves to have excellent resources, including application notes, middleware, etc. Plus training options. Here are some starting points: http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=82 http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2127&param=en023431 [might need to copy the URLs onto a single line] Regards, Richard. + http://www.FreeRTOS.org Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month. + http://www.SafeRTOS.com Certified by T&#4294967295;V as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
On 27 Aug, 14:53, "Bill Davy" <B...@SynectixLtd.com> wrote:
> "FreeRTOS info" <noem...@given.com> wrote in message > > news:i57sta$m1f$1@news.eternal-september.org... > On 27/08/2010 08:41, Bill Davy wrote:> It would appear I am about to star=
t on a project using dsPIC30F6015
> > programmed in C using Microchip's toolchain. =A0It's a long time since =
I did
> > any PIC work (and taht was a smaller PIC)and don't seem to have an > > favourites or news groups that are relevant. =A0I am sure there are som=
> > pitfalls to avoid and tips for making life easier (and software better)=
.
> > Where might I find them, or help with problems? > > Many thanks. =A0I'll add those to my Favourites (or whatever they're call=
ed).
> Bill > --- > > I've always found Microchip themselves to have excellent resources, > including application notes, middleware, etc. =A0Plus training options. > Here are some starting points: > > http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=3DSS_GET_PAGE&nodeI..=
.
> > http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=3DSS_GET_PAGE&nodeI..=
.
> > [might need to copy the URLs onto a single line] > > Regards, > Richard. > > +http://www.FreeRTOS.org > Designed for Microcontrollers. =A0More than 7000 downloads per month. > > +http://www.SafeRTOS.com > Certified by T=DCV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems=
. There are also the Microchip forums, they are very helpful. Leon
>=A0I am sure there are some > pitfalls to avoid and tips for making life easier (and software better). > Where might I find them, or
I find the courses offered at the regional training centers great for getting up to speed quickly, and avoiding common problems on microchip products. The classes I attended have been to have been very small and I was able to get all of my questions answered. http://secure.microchip.com/RTCV2/index.aspx
>help with problems?
The Microchip forums are the best place. You can usually find someone with the same issue, if not, the community is great but it might take a little while to get an answer. Also, I e-mailed the RTC instructor with a problem that was related to a course I took with him and he was quick to respond. Aaron http://blog.embeddedcoding.com http://aaronclarke.com
"Aaron Clarke" <ac@aaronclarke.com> wrote in message
> I am sure there are some > pitfalls to avoid and tips for making life easier (and software better). > Where might I find them, or
I find the courses offered at the regional training centers great for getting up to speed quickly, and avoiding common problems on microchip products. The classes I attended have been to have been very small and I was able to get all of my questions answered. http://secure.microchip.com/RTCV2/index.aspx
>help with problems?
The Microchip forums are the best place. You can usually find someone with the same issue, if not, the community is great but it might take a little while to get an answer. Also, I e-mailed the RTC instructor with a problem that was related to a course I took with him and he was quick to respond. Aaron http://blog.embeddedcoding.com http://aaronclarke.com --- Many thanks for these pointers

Memfault Beyond the Launch