Z80 Emulator

Started by Not Really Me October 30, 2010
Have a need for a piece of history?

I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator.  Fully static, allows
single stepping
w/pod, user manual and carry case.

Make an offer. email below.

scott
validated software
com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5576 (20101029) __________

http://www.eset.com

In message <8j3069FrumU1@mid.individual.net>, Not Really Me <scott@valid
atedQWERTYsoftware.XYZZY.com> writes
>Have a need for a piece of history? > >I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows >single stepping >w/pod, user manual and carry case. > >Make an offer. email below. > >scott >validated software >com
I am interested. Where in the world are you? \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/ \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Not Really Me wrote:
> Have a need for a piece of history? > > I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows > single stepping w/pod, user manual and carry case.
Ha! These were capable little devices -- though no joy unless used with the "hosted interface". IIRC, that only ran under CP/M (though it may have been ported to DOS some time after I used it)?
Is the EM-180B still available?

Not Really Me wrote:
> Have a need for a piece of history? > > I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, > allows single stepping > w/pod, user manual and carry case. > > Make an offer. email below. >
com dot validatedsoftware at scott Located in Boulder, CO. Can ship anywhere at your cost. For all the hours I spent using this, I can't remember anything about CPM/DOS software for it. Feels like there must have been for downloading code though. I do not have any "floppies" in the case, just the unit, manual and pod. All the 5.25 and 8" floppies are long gone. A web search may turn something up. I have an active offer, but see more inquiries here. Send direct email if interested, sell decision on Monday 8-Nov. __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5591 (20101104) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com
Not Really Me expounded in news:8jg763Ffl3U1@mid.individual.net:

> Not Really Me wrote: >> Have a need for a piece of history? >> >> I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, >> allows single stepping >> w/pod, user manual and carry case. >> >> Make an offer. email below. >> > com dot validatedsoftware at scott > Located in Boulder, CO. Can ship anywhere at your cost. > > For all the hours I spent using this, I can't remember anything about > CPM/DOS software for it. Feels like there must have been for > downloading code though. I do not have any "floppies" in the case, > just the unit, manual and pod. All the 5.25 and 8" floppies are long > gone. ...
In the days just prior to the PC, was the Intertec Superbrain, which ran a Z80 in C/PM. At the time, I was chomping at the bit to get time on the thing (at work). Then it quietly disappeared into some executive's home and was never seen again. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/Intertec_Superbrain.jp g ( http://tinyurl.com/2a59ot6 ) In the early 90's I bought four of them for $20 at a flemarket, just so I could fool around with them. Two were for parts, but I later resold them all to someone else. What I remember is that C/PM lacked any sense of date and time. By that time, looking at date/time stamps of files from my unix experience was ingrained. But there were none to be found on the floppy disks. It was otherwise a cute little system for its time. Warren
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:56:10 -0700, D Yuniskis wrote:
> Not Really Me wrote: >> Have a need for a piece of history? >> >> I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows >> single stepping w/pod, user manual and carry case. > > Ha! These were capable little devices -- though no joy unless > used with the "hosted interface". IIRC, that only ran under CP/M > (though it may have been ported to DOS some time after I used it)?
I've got one and it works great without a PC, yes stand alone. I use a hex file to download to the unit and then run it on a Z80-Starter Kit. I picked it up from a collector (he gave it to me). I used the 6800 version during the 80's when I worked at an engineering firm. I loved using those emulators when working on code in board under test. BTW, it's not for sale. -- Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@linuxha.com http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog Author of: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

Memfault Beyond the Launch