Python packages for embedded systems

Started by wzab November 13, 2010
I was looking for Python modules for embedded systems,
 and I have found the following website:
http://elk.informatik.fh-augsburg.de/da/da-49/
In the subdirectory
http://elk.informatik.fh-augsburg.de/da/da-49/trees/pyap7k/lang/
there is a lot of GPL-ed code which may be used to interface Python
to different I/O interfaces in embedded systems.
I've managed to succesfully integrate the py-spi module with buildroot
and to use it for prototyping of spidev communicating code in my
AT91SAM9260 based board.

I hope, that the above info may be also useful for someone else...
--
Regards,
WZab
On 11/13/2010 8:08 AM, wzab wrote:
> I was looking for Python modules for embedded systems, > and I have found the following website: > http://elk.informatik.fh-augsburg.de/da/da-49/ > In the subdirectory > http://elk.informatik.fh-augsburg.de/da/da-49/trees/pyap7k/lang/ > there is a lot of GPL-ed code which may be used to interface Python > to different I/O interfaces in embedded systems. > I've managed to succesfully integrate the py-spi module with buildroot > and to use it for prototyping of spidev communicating code in my > AT91SAM9260 based board. > > I hope, that the above info may be also useful for someone else...
Any kind of benchmarks on that? Memory and/or execution speed? I'm actually quite a fan of Python, and use it for lots of scripting tasks on my multicore, multi-GHz desktop, but it seems like an _enormous_ amount of bloat for an embedded system. Unless, of course, embedded system means multicore, multi-GHz PC104 card. -- Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology Email address is currently out of order
On 16/11/2010 3:16 AM, Rob Gaddi wrote:
>> I hope, that the above info may be also useful for someone else... > > Any kind of benchmarks on that? Memory and/or execution speed? I'm actually quite a fan of Python, and use it for lots of scripting tasks on my multicore, multi-GHz desktop, but it seems like an _enormous_ amount of bloat for an embedded system. > > Unless, of course, embedded system means multicore, multi-GHz PC104 card. >
Telit GPS/3G modems use Python scripting and it seems to work ok Tom
On Nov 14, 8:30=A0am, wzab <wza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My code using the py-spi module mentioned in the previous post is > available > in alt.sources (subject "Python code for RFM70 transceivers connected > as spidev", > <news:slrnidvosv.lsa.wzab@wzab.nasz.dom> , > orhttp://groups.google.com/group/alt.sources/msg/d6e0525ca00f9801?dmode..=
.
> ) > -- > HTH & Regards, > WZab
Hi wzab, I also have the RFM70. Do you find it weird that the bank1 registers switch from MSB to LSB as the first byte over spi?

Memfault Beyond the Launch