Note: The serial port is connected to a Pos terminal using 3 wires - Tx
Rx and Gnd. The device will have to poll on the serial port for data.
It cannot rely on DCD, DTR or DSR for presence of data.

POS terminal <-> Serial Tcp device (Tcp client mode) <-> Internet <->
Transaction Server

I need a quite a few of these devices, 300 to start with. Do you guys
know of any such device?

On 2005-01-13, Pratik <pratikk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a device, a variant of Serial Tcp device > server which can open a tcp connection to a server on a > specified port and transfer data back and forth between serial > port and our server whenever a request starts on the serial > port. The device should close the tcp connection after 30 > seconds of inactivity. > > The device should configure its network interface using a dhcp > server on the network. The serial port baud rates should also > be configurable like other Serial Tcp device servers. > > Note: The serial port is connected to a Pos terminal using 3 > wires - Tx Rx and Gnd. The device will have to poll on the > serial port for data. It cannot rely on DCD, DTR or DSR for > presence of data. > > POS terminal <-> Serial Tcp device (Tcp client mode) <-> > Internet <-> Transaction Server
The company I used to work for makes widgets that do that: http://www.comtrol.com/products/catalog.asp?product=dmrts I think it will meet your requirements right out of the box. If not, there's a software development kit available with which you can write a custom application to put into flash. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! .. I wonder if I at ought to tell them about my visi.com PREVIOUS LIFE as a COMPLETE STRANGER?
Hi Pratik,

Take a look at the iConnector device from http://www.connectone.com - it is a small neat gadget that has a serial port connection and can dial out via normal or GPRS modems and provides a simple interface for Http, FTP, email etc. One feature, called SerialNET, appears to provide a transparent serial interface over the Internet but I haven't used that portion yet. Works great for me, used on our headless SBC-based controller to FTP files and send email, and is about US$90 in single pieces although I heard several feature specific versions are coming out for about US$45 each. BTW, I am not associated with them - just a customer. Good luck. Harnek Axel Systems (SGP)
S. Harnek <harnek@magix.com.sg> wrote:
> Take a look at the iConnector device from http://www.connectone.com - it is > a small neat gadget that has a serial port connection and can dial out via > normal or GPRS modems and provides a simple interface for Http, FTP, email > etc. One feature, called SerialNET, appears to provide a transparent serial > interface over the Internet but I haven't used that portion yet.
There is the uNetserial device that is alot like the iConnector for about $35. www.nchip.com -M

Memfault Beyond the Launch