Forums

Can I get the contents in FPGA?

Started by Unknown January 28, 2005
Hi

I have a Altera FPGA(model:ACEX).
I'd like to get all data in FPGA.
Is there any way to get all contents from that FPGA to my computer?
Can you let me know if there is a way(software or hardware tool)?
Thanks.

<jdy0803@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1106937751.615648.86520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hi > > I have a Altera FPGA(model:ACEX). > I'd like to get all data in FPGA. > Is there any way to get all contents from that FPGA to my computer? > Can you let me know if there is a way(software or hardware tool)? > Thanks. >
You only have the FPGA itself? Then there is no data to get... the configuration data is stored in a seperate device which sends configuration data to the FPGA at powerup. So the FPGA does not store any data. You want to read out the configuration device. Jeroen
doesn't make any sense. Could you say more about your project or,
whatever you want to do?

Kenny

Kenny wrote:
> > doesn't make any sense. Could you say more about your project or, > whatever you want to do?
What doesn't make sense, besides your article? See my sig below for a partial cure for this madness. -- "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson
3 years ago, a customer asked me whether I could help him read the data
in one MCU. I asked why. He said he wanted to illegally copy it. My
answer's "get out of here." So, I think if someone asks how to read
data in one chip at here, at least he should explain first.

Following your signature, I used that "reply" link this time. But
Google didn't say that, right? Your signature doesn't make sense.

--
"If you want to close IE, please use "menu\File\close"; don't click the
"X" button on the top of window." -- Kenny Doesntmakesense;



CBFalconer wrote:
> Kenny wrote: > > > > doesn't make any sense. Could you say more about your project or, > > whatever you want to do? > > What doesn't make sense, besides your article? See my sig below > for a partial cure for this madness. > > -- > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson
3 years ago, a customer asked me whether I could help him read the data
in one MCU. I asked why. He said he wanted to illegally copy it. My
answer's "get out of here." So, I think if someone asks how to read
data in one chip at here, at least he should explain it first.


--
"If you want to close IE, please use "menu\File\close"; don't click the
"X" button on the top of window." -- Doe Snotmakesense;


CBFalconer wrote:
> Kenny wrote: > > > > doesn't make any sense. Could you say more about your project or, > > whatever you want to do? > > What doesn't make sense, besides your article? See my sig below > for a partial cure for this madness. > > -- > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson
Xiao Geng wrote:
>
... snip ...
> > Following your signature, I used that "reply" link this time. But > Google didn't say that, right? Your signature doesn't make sense. >
You did get something quoted, see below. However you failed to put your answer where it belongs, i.e. after the material to which you reply, after snipping anything not germane. To continue to top-post is rude and ignorant, after you have been taught better. Using that reply link doesn't do it all for you, you still have to apply normal usenet practice to composing your message. Sigs should be limited to 4 lines, so only so much can be explained in one. Everything below here, up to my sig, should have been snipped by me.
> > CBFalconer wrote: >> Kenny wrote: >>> >>> doesn't make any sense. Could you say more about your project or, >>> whatever you want to do? >> >> What doesn't make sense, besides your article? See my sig below >> for a partial cure for this madness.
-- "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson
OK, I will follow your sigs. Only one more click, but my poster won't
confuse others.



Kenny wrote:
> 3 years ago, a customer asked me whether I could help him read the
data
> in one MCU. I asked why. He said he wanted to illegally copy it. My > answer's "get out of here." So, I think if someone asks how to read > data in one chip at here, at least he should explain it first. > > > -- > "If you want to close IE, please use "menu\File\close"; don't click
the
> "X" button on the top of window." -- Doe Snotmakesense; > > > CBFalconer wrote: > > Kenny wrote: > > > > > > doesn't make any sense. Could you say more about your project or, > > > whatever you want to do? > > > > What doesn't make sense, besides your article? See my sig below > > for a partial cure for this madness. > > > > -- > > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use > > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on > > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the > > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson
OK, I will follow your sigs. Actually, I usually use the left-side link
tree, from there I can easily know what reply what.

But only one more click, my poster won't confuse others. Sorry for my
rudeness.


CBFalconer wrote:
> wrote: > > > ... snip ... > > > > Following your signature, I used that "reply" link this time. But > > Google didn't say that, right? Your signature doesn't make sense. > > > You did get something quoted, see below. However you failed to put > your answer where it belongs, i.e. after the material to which you > reply, after snipping anything not germane. To continue to > top-post is rude and ignorant, after you have been taught better. > > Using that reply link doesn't do it all for you, you still have to > apply normal usenet practice to composing your message. Sigs > should be limited to 4 lines, so only so much can be explained in > one. > > Everything below here, up to my sig, should have been snipped by > me. > > > > > CBFalconer wrote: > >> Kenny wrote: > >>> > >>> doesn't make any sense. Could you say more about your project or, > >>> whatever you want to do? > >> > >> What doesn't make sense, besides your article? See my sig below > >> for a partial cure for this madness. > > -- > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson