    We now have a board supplied with IXP425 processor and we are choosing
for embedded OS. I know that eCos - IS NOT embedded OS, but is designed for
embedded environment.

    So, I wish to communicate with somebody having experience of working on
this platform!

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

"Roman Mashak" <mrv@tusur.ru> wrote in message
news:c3offm$5fq$1@mpeks.tomsk.su...
> Hello, All! > > Does anyone have an experince of working with eCos on XScale > architecture. > We now have a board supplied with IXP425 processor and we are choosing > for embedded OS. I know that eCos - IS NOT embedded OS, but is designed
for
> embedded environment.
Do you mean eCos as the overall environment or using eCos to create a Redboot derivitive to boot something else (such as embedded linux)? -- Kind Regards Gary Partis Comodo Research Lab, Ltd Invent &#4294967295; Secure
On 2004-03-23, Roman Mashak <mrv@tusur.ru> wrote:
> Hello, All! > > Does anyone have an experince of working with eCos on XScale > architecture. > We now have a board supplied with IXP425 processor and we are choosing > for embedded OS. I know that eCos - IS NOT embedded OS,
It most certainly is.
> but is designed for embedded environment. > > So, I wish to communicate with somebody having experience of working on > this platform!
I've used eCos on other ARM platforms (but not XScale) and was quite happy with it. -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Here I am in 53 at B.C. and all I want is a visi.com dill pickle!!
Hello, Gary!
You wrote  on Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:44:45 +0000 (UTC):

 ??>>     We now have a board supplied with IXP425 processor and we are
 ??>> choosing for embedded OS. I know that eCos - IS NOT embedded OS, but
 ??>> is designed
 GP> for
 ??>> embedded environment.

 GP> Do you mean eCos as the overall environment or using eCos to create a
 GP> Redboot derivitive to boot something else (such as embedded linux)?
    We didn't make a final desicion yet...
    The main problem is our future product should support IPv6, and we need
acquire IPv6 certification (so called "IPv6 ready logo"). Linux is very poor
about this, also there is USAGI project - more powerful and stable but it
also doesn't support "IPv6 ready logo". But I know, eCos team had ported BSD
IPv6 stack (this is the most powerful and stable IPv6 stack nowdays)...
    So, eCos is tempting to our goals. But our development team has
experience mainly in Linux, so I'm not sure we'll have enough time to study
eCos, although it's POSIX compliant and I think it will not be so difficult
to adapt for it....

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

where is the ecos tutorial?

Hello, USB!
You wrote  on Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:08:50 +0800:

 U> where is the ecos tutorial?
on the eCos web-site

With best regards, Roman Mashak.  E-mail: mrv@tusur.ru

The 2024 Embedded Online Conference